Best aftermarket cover for a 521VX

I purchased my boat a few months ago and it did not have a cover with it. It is a 2003 Ranger 521VX dual console. I am wanting to buy a really good cover that is water repellant and trailerable. I have found a couple that are made with either sunbrella or sharkskin materials and have a 10 or 7 year warranty. What are everyone's recommendations? I would love to buy a Ranger cover, but the parts department told me $1100. I don't have that kind of money to spend. I was hoping for the best cover I can possibly buy for around $500 max. Thank you in advance.

2. Member
    Check with some auto upholstery and awning guys . Some of these guys make some outstanding boat covers. Some of the local boat shops might know of someone also.

3. Cobra Boats Moderator Backlash Ar's Avatar
    Check with Dean's Top and Canvas in Mountain Home, AR....870-425-6189, contact person is Dan. They made Ranger's original travel cover. Good quality stuff for sure.

I thought I would be on Easy Street by now but somehow I missed the off ramp!

4. Member
    Check out Aurora Canvas Covers

5. Member
    I bought my aftermarket Ranger cover from here: https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/. The fit is perfect and haven't had any problems out of it.
    2002 Ranger 185 VS Mercury 175 EFI

6. Member
    Most of the custom canvas I have seen are $700-800. The ones on boat covers direct especially the sunbrella one is what I am thinking about. It's $520. I just was worried about the quality. I am waiting to here back from aurora, and have not had any luck getting ahold of deans.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 79Ranger168v View Post
    I purchased my boat a few months ago and it did not have a cover with it. It is a 2003 Ranger 521VX dual console. I am wanting to buy a really good cover that is water repellant and trailerable. I have found a couple that are made with either sunbrella or sharkskin materials and have a 10 or 7 year warranty. What are everyone's recommendations? I would love to buy a Ranger cover, but the parts department told me $1100. I don't have that kind of money to spend. I was hoping for the best cover I can possibly buy for around $500 max. Thank you in advance.
    I know the factory ranger cover is a little pricey but man it fits nice and straps down really nice. A full custom cover from a shop that uses your boat to fit it will run you close to what the ranger cover will... I made the mistake with my last boat, didn't want to spend the $1000 on the factory cover, purchased one from boat covers.com. While it was a decent cover it scratched my older tin rig to hell. Ended up buying the factory one that fit like a glove.

8. Member
    Buy the Ranger cover it cost more but it is worth it. You can get it made for seats in or out.