Thread: Talon Brackets

Question Talon Brackets

Just dropped off all my mounting hardware, brackets to the platers gonna be all black with black 12 foot Talons, anyone else done their brackets and mounts in color?

2. Member
    Screenshot_2016-12-07-19-47-54.jpg

Got the same thing going that you are shooting for. It was a pain to disassemble the tilt brackets, but I think it looks awesome. Definitely worth the hassle
    02' 2100SC-250xB-Dual 12' Talons

3. Member
    I didn't do the tilt brackets due to the rivets on the pads and the inserts on the bolts. how difficult was it to get out the rivets out and the inserts on the bolt? what size are the replacement rivets? need this info thanks.

I would love to do my brackets, how is it done?

5. Member
    I tried to reply to the message, but it is not allowing me to do so. I may have had too many characters to what I sent. I will try to spread it out through here

6. Member
    Rivets were simple, and that was my biggest concern. They drill right out. There isn't much for them to grab onto. Replacing was simple, I just bought a variety pack at home depot and selected the best fitting ones, I don't remember what the size was that I used, I just selected the best fit. They installed easily. Use silicone adhesive on the back of the pads before you install, that's what really holds them in place. You will need replacement cotter pins for the latch system, the rivet style they used has to be taken out and replaced
    Last edited by BpTelli; 12-09-2016 at 09:28 AM.

7. Member
    The hardest thing in my opinion was the bushings on the side of the plates that the main bolt slides through. Those things will not come out with ease. Here's what you need do, it sounds ridiculous, but it worked out nicely for me. Once you break the bracket down, all that is left is the plates with the bushings stuck in them. Place then in the oven at 350 for a little while, they will soften up and pop right out. Be patient with it so they don't crack. Your manual shold give you the product number to reorder if they do split, I broke a couple learning how to remove them. Perfected it on the last couple.
    Last edited by BpTelli; 12-09-2016 at 09:31 AM.

8. Member
    Make sure you remove all sticky residue from the pads and the clear spacer if you are anodizing, the process will not work over any residue, be sure to clean them good. I learned that the hard way by having a few area that did not take. Also, a black oil pen or Sharpe is your fiend for touching up any spots that are chipped or missed in the plating process. Take notes of the disassembly, take pictures to refer back to. It's disheartening to disassemble brand new expensive brackets, but they do turn out nice and match the talon mounts

Let me know if there is anything I can tell you

That looks awesome!!!