Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan210Elite View Post
    Never understood the heated seat in a bass boat. When it's cold enough to use them I have enough layers on the stay warm and the heat from the seats would never penetrate the clothing. Dan
    I would love it. I get cold really easy. My back would enjoy it too. I'd like a heated steering wheel if we're going all out. Ha! Truth be told, I rarely fish when it's that cold out anymore. Maybe crappie fishing.
    Champion 206
    250XB

2. Member
    As a driver, yeah the seats would be better two inches higher. As a passenger in rough water, I love the low seats. Everything is a trade off.

3. Member
    One option would be to get rid of your hot foot then you can set on your knees or on the back of your seat while looking for fish and still give it gas, with your kill switch hooked up.

4. Member
    At some point i'll need to delete the hot foot and raise the seat 2-3" to get maximum room. Thinking maybe building a box out of aluminum square tubing and to create some under seat storage. Also may add a grab handle to the console as pulling myself up from the seat using the steering wheel doesn't seem wise.
    The heated seat would be a neat option for those early morning long jaunts.
    2005 206
    BRP 225 H.O. (E225DHLSOF)
    Fury 4 24p @ 5,750 fully loaded

5. 80.3 mph and squeezing bruce''s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumb View Post
    . Also may add a grab handle to the console as pulling myself up from the seat using the steering wheel doesn't seem wise.
    Thats what i need. being 6 foot 6 i need help in getting up
    Fishing Texas lakes one at a time
    2000 Baltex hull 202 Elite Champion
    2016 250 pro
    8 inch Hydraulic Jack Plate
    tempest 27 work by Steve
    Hook sets are fishing reality.

6. Member
    Is the issue that the seat is too high, or too low? Too me it seems like a lot of new rigs have it way too high - feels like the steering wheel is in your lap, not a natural driving position to me. I like the set up in my 191 well enough, but with new seats going in, we'll see how it changes.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bluemcm View Post
    Is the issue that the seat is too high, or too low? Too me it seems like a lot of new rigs have it way too high - feels like the steering wheel is in your lap, not a natural driving position to me. I like the set up in my 191 well enough, but with new seats going in, we'll see how it changes.
    Too low and with tilt steering it shouldn't be an issue with mine if I lift the seat.
    2005 206

8. Member
    Major grievances ? None
    GETFISHED !!!

Mine: That they don't make them anymore.

10. Member
    I love my 206 but I agree that I wish my drivers seat was a few inches higher, as stated above I also sit on my throwable to get the added height. Sitting on my knees as someone else stated ....not an option...with both my knees and one hip already having been replaced that position does not work with this body.

11. Champion Boats Moderator Lea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Mine: That they don't make them anymore.
    This says it all !

Now that I'm getting a little older and fatter, a Stripper Pole to help me up down off the front deck....

"What I hate about my Champion"
    Hate is a very strong word to use in describing anything about my Champion ... I have know hate for my boat but can always think of things that could be better and solutions to improve it. MY2CENTS
    1995 CHAMPION 171 DC

14. Member
    I hate that my champion is sitting outside in 19 degree weather and not being exercised cause it's to cold for this old man to be on the water.....lol
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce2 View Post
    I hate that my champion is sitting outside in 19 degree weather and not being exercised cause it's to cold for this old man to be on the water.....lol
    That's why I hope to be able to have 2 boats at some point during retirement. One sitting in northern WI and another in central FL. But's a pipe dream right now.
    Or hire someone to move the boat south in the winter and back north in the Spring
    2005 206

16. Member
    I like the seat low. Feels like I'm sitting more "in" the boat instead of "on top" of it.

17. Member
    It's hard for me to get use to sitting and driving a boat, i had an old 18 foot bow rider high sided in Florida and i use to stand and drive it. When i redid the stringers and floor and seats in it i moved the drivers seat back a little for more room when standing up driving, sure was a lot easier on my back standing up driving especially in 6 - 10 foot seas. But we getting use to it slowly but surely, im 6 foot tall and have no problem with leg room in my 176 and i think if i sat a little higher with the low gunnels would even be a differant feeling.
    Bruce Phillips
    1995 190 DC champion ......1995 200 xri merc

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post
    I like the seat low. Feels like I'm sitting more "in" the boat instead of "on top" of it.
    X2 big difference between my mountain home 202 vs tenn 193.

Quote Originally Posted by jkainoa View Post

20. Member
    Just the trailer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast