Stratos 294 Console Filler Panel

I'm looking to get a filler panel for my dash where I removed the factory installed fish finder. I reached out to C&O and they couldn't find one. I also reached out to theBaitBar on BBC, and it doesn't look like he is active on the forums anymore. Does anyone know where else I could find a panel? Thanks.

Here's what the space looks like:

Wouldn't mind a style like theBaitBar's custom work:

2. Member
    You can always buy a piece of plexiglass and cut it to shape yourself.

3. Member
    I did the the plexiglass thing to blank off where the finder was in my bow panel. Actually I might have used Lexan. i cut it to fit and painted the backside black. It worked pretty well. I have a couple switch panels I want redone. I'm going to hit up a sign company I work with occasionally to see if they can do it. You might try that route.

4. Member
    I made mine out of aluminum and put a radio in it. I couldn't find bait bar active anymore either.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinStick View Post
    I made mine out of aluminum and put a radio in it. I couldn't find bait bar active anymore either.

Nice work!
    1999 Stratos 273 DC
    1999 Johnson 115
    2021 Ram Limited

6. Banned
    got mine from c&o

been replaced now though

Carefully cut the edges off of a Lowrance travel cover. Drill four holes in the corners and attach with SS screws. You end up with a flat cover that says Lowrance on it.
    99' 201 Pro Elite
    08' Evinrude 225 HO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    got mine from c&o

been replaced now though

How did you support the 1198? Do you have more detailed photos of the install?

9. Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll have to give the plexiglass a try, if not, the aluminum or old cover.

@TroyBoy30, yeah i PM'd you wanting to buy your old cover a while back. You didn't know if you wanted to let it go or not. :)

10. Banned
    i guess i can. ill find your pm

Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    How did you support the 1198? Do you have more detailed photos of the install?
    its a BBT mount. email van and tell him troy from bbc sent you

https://www.bassboattech.com/

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=708517

11. Member
    Did you have to reinforce the front plate at all? It seems like the dash would flex a lot with that big of a unit on it. I spoke with Van about a dual mount but he didn't show much interest so I'll probably go somewhere else for the mount. I didn't really like the way I was treated and he wouldn't respond to my emails after a couple correspondences.

12. Banned
    we did have to support it. the bracket goes around the complete inside of the console. the console wont hold 2 units. vann was the only one willing to make a mount for me. precision sonar wouldn't even talk to me

13. Member
    i doubt you will find anybody who is willing to make a dual mount for this console or even a single mount. Van was the only guy willing to work with me and this was the same time he was making the mount for troy.
    Quote Originally Posted by eatmywake View Post
    Did you have to reinforce the front plate at all? It seems like the dash would flex a lot with that big of a unit on it. I spoke with Van about a dual mount but he didn't show much interest so I'll probably go somewhere else for the mount. I didn't really like the way I was treated and he wouldn't respond to my emails after a couple correspondences.
    2004 Stratos 295 Pro XL
    2004 Mercury 3.0 L EFI 200 HP SN: 0T908560
    Standard/Servicemaster Lower 859399T13

I contacted Van as recommended and did some research on here and this is what I found out:

Van wont make a mount for my 2014 294
    "The plastic dash won't hold it without cracking."
    Maybe with substantial backing it can be done but only have 5 or 6 inches between wheel and no mount.

15. Member
    you figured anything out for the 2014 294? I have the same issue.

16. Losing fish by the pound. CDN Bass's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bgomez2355 View Post
    you figured anything out for the 2014 294? I have the same issue.
    https://www.greatlakesskipper.com/st...-metallic-gray
    Maple syrup... I put that sh*t on everything!
    '09 Stratos 201 XL EVO DC | 250 Pro XS | Razor 4 25P | 6" JP | 10' Talons Gen 2 | 112# Ultrex | Lowrance C12 x 4 | AT | '16 RAM Rebel

17. Member
    Possible 294/201 dash mount fix. Cutting board on both sides. Slightly bigger on the inside. 52FC6941-D358-4332-A8C5-2274F99052B8.jpeg

18. Member
    Do you have a pic of one mounted with this? @CDN

Quote Originally Posted by bgomez2355 View Post
    Possible 294/201 dash mount fix. Cutting board on both sides. Slightly bigger on the inside. 52FC6941-D358-4332-A8C5-2274F99052B8.jpeg
    I wouldn't trust any FF of any size to be mounted like this. that plastic surround this ties into is only held into the console around the edges and has no structure. Thats why none of the guys want to make mounts, it requires tieing into the fiberglass inside the console for structure and its a PITA.
    -Justin
    2006 Stratos 294 - 200 Merc Optimax

20. Member
    I cut one out of a rigid plastic and put velcro on the back for quick, easy access. That said, I don't mount anything to it. I replaced the bow panel with aluminum i fabricated and it works great. Either will work, depending on what you're hoping to do with it.