Propping for altitude

Just ordered a blazer 625 with a 250 verado pro. Im wondering about Propping for altitude...if needed at all due to air compensation sensor in verado. Most guys here run a 25 fury from 3000' to 6000' where most of our fishing is done.
    Ive debated if 1450lb hull of blazer 625 will allow for a 26 but not sure.....
    Your input is appreciated.
    Where are the BIG ones? When are we going?
    LOOKING for a Great deal on a Slightly used 20-21' Boat.

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    The 25P will likely suit... but since every boat/setup is different, you'll have to determine if YOUR boat responds well to the combination, and adjust accordingly.

The Verado will "exhibit" less loss of PSH at elevation, due to it being supercharged.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

For what it's worth, I have noticed a power difference with the Verado going from 4500-5000' and then down to 1800'. It's no where near as bad as it was with my previous Optimax and ETEC, but it is there.

In my experience with the Verado, it's about 1-2" of pitch to keep it performing the same when going back and forth between those two elevations, depending on the prop and conditions.

Waxy