Thread: Bullet/Sho

Bullet/Sho

I'm thinking about buying a Sho for my 20xd this summer and was wondering if anyone is running this set up. Would this combo porpoise at low speed/rpms? How low would the back sit in the water? I'm not sure if I will buy the 225 or buy the 200 and have it flashed. Wanting a reliable and good handling rig. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. Member
    My neighbor has a 250 SHO on 20xd . He loves it and runs high 80s low 90s with 2 on a tournament load.
    21XRD coastal 250 XS

Only thing that I would be worried about is the lower unit for those speeds.....
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

4. Member
    Save some money and buy the 200. It won't sit any lower in the rear than any other 3 liter motor. It weighs 505lbs. It won't porpoise anymore at low speeds either. Put a foil on it and it'll crawl without porpoise. With the ECU flashed the SHO is an animal. Tons of torque and will run a 20' in the upper 80's low 90's easily with a full load. The only hold back would be the lower unit if you run it too high above the pad. I've run mine at 1/4" to 1/2" above with no issues but I run a 21 xd.

5. Member
    I've had my 250 sho for about two years now and love it'll run 79-80 loaded down to the max. I got 83 out of it solo. My buddy has one on his 20xd and it will fly. There a little aggravating trying to prop a hydraulic plate takes a lot of the headache out of setting them up. But if you can get the 200 get it flashed still having full warranty that would be the ticket
    Bullet 21xrs & xdc

6. Member
    Thanks guys for all the info, I really appreciate it. I was gonna buy the Sho in January but unfortunately my house flooded back in August so I need to get it back together first.