set up help on 2016 z518

i just pulled the trigger on a new 2016 z518 has a atlas 8 inch merc 150 pro sx. i dont know any numbers im hoping to get some here. thanks ahead of time. bob

2. Member
    thanks for the all the help i guess 518 aren't worth talking about.

3. AR Bass Club/AR Fishing Moderator GhostComanche's Avatar
    What prop Sir?

"Never argue with an idiot; He will beat you to death with stupidity"

4. Member
    I have essentially the same setup. Not sure what you are needing to know but I can hit 60 by myself on a good day. Loaded with my friend and all his stuff 57 is about it. I get a good hole shot with 2 of the 3 plugs removed from the prop which, if I remember right, is a 23" Tempest. I also have 2 8' Power Pole Sportsman II's hanging on the back which I'm sure affects performance somewhat. I did install a hole shot plate on the bottom of my Slidemaster 8" jack plate which keeps water from washing up inside the jack plate. It really helped with hole shot. I have no idea what the measurements are for the motor height as I left that to the dealer. I did raise it about a quarter inch because the rpm's were a bit on the low side. That gained about 200 more rpm's but I didn't notice much in the way of speed changes.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

6 inch plate, 3.5 below bad, and 23" Tempest I can run 60 consistently with light load. Full tournament load with partner and poles I can run 57-58. This setup seems to be pretty common on this boat and works well. I do feel that it could use a little more bow lift however but not sure if it'd be worth having cup added or not.

I have an 8" plate, 23" temp prop, run 3.5" below pad. Good out of the hole and can touch 60 running solo. That is with 10' talons.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrac View Post
    I have essentially the same setup. Not sure what you are needing to know but I can hit 60 by myself on a good day. Loaded with my friend and all his stuff 57 is about it. I get a good hole shot with 2 of the 3 plugs removed from the prop which, if I remember right, is a 23" Tempest. I also have 2 8' Power Pole Sportsman II's hanging on the back which I'm sure affects performance somewhat. I did install a hole shot plate on the bottom of my Slidemaster 8" jack plate which keeps water from washing up inside the jack plate. It really helped with hole shot. I have no idea what the measurements are for the motor height as I left that to the dealer. I did raise it about a quarter inch because the rpm's were a bit on the low side. That gained about 200 more rpm's but I didn't notice much in the way of speed changes.
    Same set up with my z118 with 6" slide master 23" tempest. I can't hit 60-61 mph 57-58 all day loaded down.

8. Banned
    Congrats on your 518. They are a good tournament boat for sure. We need pictures sir.