Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question 1990 Astro 18FDX Boat Seats

I am going to start a small restoration on Astro at the beginning of the year and was wondering what if there are any other places to buy seats other then bassboatseats.com? Just looking for other options. Also for those of you that have bought new seats, did you go with buckets(Extremely High Priced) or did you figure out a way to make bench seats work? My seats were originally buckets but I'm thinking about going with a bench setup to save a couple hundred bucks, but in order to do this I would have to mount the seat backs through the fiberglass, which I really don't want to do. My seats are in horrible shape so I'm thinking new ones are my best option. Thanks for your input!!

2. Member
    Have you thought about recovering the ones you have. I was BPS the other day and they have some really nice seats.

3. Member
    I have thought about having the seats reupholstered but the are in such bad shape that it will be cheaper to just buy new ones.

4. Member
    BPS or go to a boat salvage yard and buy them used. I have the stock seat from my 1997 model x2000(same boat hull as yours) that i'll be selling for 175 for the pair.

5. Member
    g what's the color and are they folding or buckets ?

6. Member
    Gray and they are buckets. I think yours are bench, am I right?

7. Member
    that's right, what a bargain. if jr is not interested you can send a few pics. as far as bench seats goes, if they are molded formed like factory procraft, all one piece with the nylon step in center it adds to the boat imo. those are not to be had.. i think you will come out better all around staying with the buckets than a straight bench, folding or two piece

8. Member
    G. edit your mailbox, it's full. oh I get it, i'm a little slow at times. living with a blonde woman has disadvantages.