1988 bass cat pantera II

I have a bass cat pantera II with a venom 200 raker 22, 5900 rpm @ 64 mph. It seems to not have much bow lift at all, is that the nature of this boat?

2. Member
    Something's not right 3% slip would be hooked up good and rolling.

3. Pat Goff
    Yeah, you're not adding up.
    I've never seen a raker that didn't need work done to it.
    And you should be able to turn a 24 raker without issues.
    Lack of lift is usually a symptom of prop slip, it's not hooked up, usually you see a big roostertail and very stiff steering, is that your result?
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

4. Member
    It was hard to steer, then I lowered the motor 1/2" or so and it helped. It blows out if U try to turn any at all at wot. The lift just doesn't seem like it's there at all compared to any other boats I have had. Im sure there has to be that majic set up to bring it together, just need some help to figure it out.

5. Pat Goff
    Get with Mark on the prop page here or Steve at lake fork, both can make that raker work to its potential.
    Pat Goff

Two degrees from center
    of nowhere.
    Smithwick TX.

[SIGPIC][<a href=http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=583&dateline=1498828542/SIGPIC] target=_blank>http://www.bbcboards.net/image.php?t...828542/SIGPIC]</a>

6. Member
    Ok thanks!!!!

7. Member
    How do I get in touch with one of them

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandman1 View Post
    I have a bass cat pantera II with a venom 200 raker 22, 5900 rpm @ 64 mph. It seems to not have much bow lift at all, is that the nature of this boat?
    Something is wrong. I have a 1990 Pantera II (Single console) with a 1990 200 HP Evinrude XP with a out-of-the-box 27" Shooter (4-blade) when new it would do over 70 MPH at 6,000 RPM with plenty of lift.

9. Member
    What is the motor height

Steve's Custom Props Quitman, Texas if I'm not mistaken. Bought a balanced and blue printer 25P Tempest that was huge improvement over a 24P Trophy, tons of lift and I have a 1400# boat.
    1996 ProGator 200V
    1998 Mercury 225 EFI
    New Carpet
    Seastar Pro Hyd Steering
    Minn Kota Ultrex

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandman1 View Post
    What is the motor height
    I have been out-of-pocket for the last few days so I didn't see your question. My boat is put away for the winter so I can't let the motor down to measure bottom of pad to center line of prop shaft. This is the best I can do. The jack plate is a Power-Lift model (manual not power) that came with the boat. The dealer mounted the motor and I have not changed the set-up. I don't know if your jack plate is the same. In case it is, and BCB mounted them the same, these are the dimensions I can retrieve. The second hole from top on motor bracket matches the second hole from top on jack plate. The top of the sliding part of the jack plate is 1" above the boat transom. Hope this helps. I have heard others say the shooter prop is not the best prop available however it has fit my needs. It lifts the boat very well and what I like best it carries a load well. It may not be the fastest but it is not affected by load and has a good hole shot and doesn't blowout. Good luck -- good fishing.