newbie HB install questions

couple of install questions to make sure I have the right stuff - after combing the resouce and post threads, learned a ton.
    I have a nitro 882, and gong to install a new Ultrex TM I pilot - along with a Helix 9 DI on thebow, and a Helix 10 SI KVD on the console.

I orderd the in hull TD, the y cable, the network adapters, the network cable, the network hub, ... to make it all work. In addition, I ordered a inline 10 ga fuse or the power cable
    going to my locker dedicated 6 fuse panel to isoloate power for the ultex heading sensor, 2 units, and the hub. Leaves me 2 slots open for future expansion - 360 I hope.

My questions:

- can the helix 9 dI unit, or the helix 10 unit communicate/use the heading sensor from the ultrex? If not, and I would like to add a heading sensor - where would you put it - up front, helm, or in the back?

does HB make a temp only sensor that can be placed in the live well and run into a unit or the network hub? If so Part #, or where to get it?

There is a fixed 6" slidemaster setback plate hanging my XR6, so awaiting reply from TS for suggestions on a holeshotplate and mount for the SI ducer. Ill come back to ya later if this becomes an issue.

thougths on this install?

your expertise is invaluable resource to us newbies - thanx again.
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

1. The heading sensor for the iPilot and iPilot Link is Bluetooth and communicates with the motor/remote---nothing else.
    The AS GPS HS antenna connects directly to a unit. The benefit of the Heading Sensor is when going less than .6 mph so the best location for it is at the bow for use when the trolling motor is deployed and connected to the bow sonar unit.
    For the best waypoint accuracy, the console unit should have an external GPS antenna at the transom where the transducer is. AS GRP

2. Don't see a temp-only sensor listed anymore (TG W) on the Humminbird website, just a combo speed wheel and temp sensor--TS W. May find one with a web search.

The other way looks to be discontinued also--TS 3 switch.
    If you can find one, use the XP 9 20 T shoot-thru transducer in the bilge and remote temp sensor in the livewell. Use the TS 3 switch instead of the AS SIDB Y cable and select either the SI transducer or shoot-thru transducer to connect to the console unit.

3. Slidemaster or a custom made hole shot plate would be the source. Then you would need the Transducer Shield and Saver mount TM-HDsi and wedge for the transducer. The other way is the TS&S mount with L bracket for the side of the jackplate.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

3. Member
    thanx for the input - one quick follow up -
    what is the difference in the AS GPS HS and the AS GRP ?
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

Quote Originally Posted by yukonjack2 View Post
    thanx for the input - one quick follow up -
    what is the difference in the AS GPS HS and the AS GRP ?
    Both are GPS antennas. The AS GPS HS includes a heading sensor (compass).
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL