Thread: ballistic boats

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TiGer85SS View Post
    Well, as promised I was going to give you guys an update once I got a chance to go through the boat. The boat is 22'3 long, weighs 1600lbs and has a 94in beam. With me (250) and Jimmy the owner probably around (220) the boat ran 82 mph (GPS) with a 300xs 29p bravo 1. 12in Atlas 36 volt minnkota ultrex. I think with some setup (more setback) I think it needs 14-16in it would run 88-90mph . I personally like the boat a lot. It has alot of those things that many people wish their boats had. The pumps are very easy to get to and I it is very easy to get to the batteries as well. As for all the functions in the boat they are ran by the huge electronics screen which in this case was a HDS 12 and if there was ever a problem there is a manual switch that could be used inside of the drivers rod locker. The boxes were truly dry as we have been having ran in this are for the last couple of days. One of the things that I really liked was that there was no carpet in the floor or any surrounding the floor it has a rubber mat material down instead and all of the boxes and the bilge area are all finished. The wiring is truly ran with care and the boat set pretty flat in the water. One thing that I admire that they are doing is taking account of all of the suggestions people are giving them and seeing how some of them could be implemented. If anyone can think of any other questions I will try to answer them if I can.
    When did the boat weigh 1600 lbs? Right out of the molds or after rigged, less trolling motor, batteries and engine? They need to quantify that weight and a whole lot of additional information IMO because there is very little on this boat other than a few people's comments which usually begin with "I think". I cannot even find a brochure about the boat????
    More power to these guys for trying to build a boat that seems to offer what anglers want but before I would lay down the kind of coin to buy one, a lot more information needs to be offered up.

2. Banned
    Brochures are very expensive, Websites are Very Expensive, their doing things the Old Fashion Way, like Allison at first, Like Bass Cat, Show them what you got and take Notes.....Pretty Cool no matter what was copied for the running surface

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    When did the boat weigh 1600 lbs? Right out of the molds or after rigged, less trolling motor, batteries and engine? They need to quantify that weight and a whole lot of additional information IMO because there is very little on this boat other than a few people's comments which usually begin with "I think". I cannot even find a brochure about the boat????
    More power to these guys for trying to build a boat that seems to offer what anglers want but before I would lay down the kind of coin to buy one, a lot more information needs to be offered up.
    He told me dry hull weight was 1600lbs. I agree with what you have been said. But just like any company that starts up there is a learning curve.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AlumaMan View Post
    Brochures are very expensive, Websites are Very Expensive, their doing things the Old Fashion Way, like Allison at first, Like Bass Cat, Show them what you got and take Notes.....Pretty Cool no matter what was copied for the running surface
    Facebook is not expensive and a very good place to stick an on-line brochure about what they offer that would promote their product.
    What resins do they use?
    What brand of gel coat?
    How is their transom structured?
    What interface operates their control graph?
    Quality control process?
    What gauge of wire for the trolling motor?

There's a hundred things that could be explained with very little effort. Not much to ask if you're expected to spend tens of thousands of dollars.
    You know there is not a bank out there that's heard of them and to borrow for one, there better be product information available........

Just common sense stuff for a company to address for getting into business............
    Last edited by scj; 12-08-2016 at 06:37 PM.

5. Member
    scj if you took the time to call them or email them instead of complaining on some forum you would have all those questions answered. When you come out with your own boat thin you can criticize other people hard work.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle08 View Post
    scj if you took the time to call them or email them instead of complaining on some forum you would have all those questions answered. When you come out with your own boat thin you can criticize other people hard work.
    I disagree.... If 1000 people want to know these questions, Should 1000 people take the time to call, e-mail them for the answers? Could they handle all of these calls and e-mails?

Much better to give info out and eliminate all of that...

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

7. Member
    Bullet website. May want to take it to the Ally forum.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

8. Member
    I'm not complaining. I'm pointing out what should be common business practice and hopefully they have plans to present something. We are on an open forum for public discussions..............Just because I own a Allison, should I not be able to participate in other threads? Ballistic doesn't have a forum yet............

9. Member
    I saw these boats today in Little Rock. They are amazing. Very innovative design with the controls on the graph. You can control all your pumps, lights, accessories, etc. From both graphs. They look well built to me. I would consider buying one.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by benburke View Post
    I saw these boats today in Little Rock. They are amazing. Very innovative design with the controls on the graph. You can control all your pumps, lights, accessories, etc. From both graphs. They look well built to me. I would consider buying one.
    That would be nice!

So when did they decide to change and go back thru little rock again? Last week they werent coming now i missed em?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

12. Member
    Great glad they called and said something, I sent them my number, wait what do I care, I have a Bullet, I don't need anything else!!!

13. trapp201pro
    Maybe you are the 1 that needs to step back and take a hard look,60,000+ for a boat you know about, I think people have the wright to ask ?.Why is this thread on about every boat forum here,put it in the lounge and hav1 thread, it would help with double post and ? about the hull.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    So when did they decide to change and go back thru little rock again? Last week they werent coming now i missed em?
    They posted it on Istagram maybe Tuesday? I think they put it on Face book to but i dont do face book. They might be coming back with one in a few days, he said they are going to Pheonix to drop a boat and will probably come back through Little Rock. I have a Brochure if anyone want me to email it to them.

15. Member
    ben, I live in Maumelle, call me so I can take a look at it, thanks

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scj View Post
    Facebook is not expensive and a very good place to stick an on-line brochure about what they offer that would promote their product.
    What resins do they use?
    What brand of gel coat?
    How is their transom structured?
    What interface operates their control graph?
    Quality control process?
    What gauge of wire for the trolling motor?

There's a hundred things that could be explained with very little effort. Not much to ask if you're expected to spend tens of thousands of dollars.
    You know there is not a bank out there that's heard of them and to borrow for one, there better be product information available........

Just common sense stuff for a company to address for getting into business............
    Here are some answers that I got straight from the owner Jim

Resin-Vinyl Ester AME 5000

Transom, Stringer and other structural components- Coosaboard 26 Transom is solid 2 inches thick, full width and tied fully tied into the sides of the boats.

Trolling Motor Wire-6ga.

Carpet-24oz

Computer Interface-CZone (Mastervolt)

Type of Fiberglass- Multiple layers of 1708/1808

The boat is completely hand-laid and will have a Limited Lifetime Warranty.

17. Member
    I'd own one.

Steven Eversole, KY
    BLAZER 202 PRO V / MARINER 225 SUPER MAG

They look very interesting. I wish them good luck, more competition is good for the consumer.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12