Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    On a quick read, it looks like the BEST coverage differs from full warranty--in practical terms that would influence most of us--mainly in that mechanical breakdowns performed at no charge under full warranty have a flat $50 fee under BEST. Other items, like keeping maintenance records, also apply, but the $50 is what jumps out at me. And frankly, since virtually no service would be billed under $100-200, a $50 fee still offers a lot of peace of mind.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    John, when you were in the business I'm sure you remember the FPC extended warranty.

-----

A Technical troubleshooter possessing more tools than talent !

4. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    John, when you were in the business I'm sure you remember the FPC extended warranty.
    You are correct: I do remember.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

Evinrude has not used third party warranty companies like FPC for many years. Everything is factory administered now.
    -----

6. Member
    Explain option B: free analog rigging ?

Would that include going from merc or yamaha to Evinrude where you would have to replace all the controls ?

You get free controls, gauge(s), wiring, etc. if you choose the free rigging/ 5 year coverage package.
    -----

Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    On a quick read, it looks like the BEST coverage differs from full warranty--in practical terms that would influence most of us--mainly in that mechanical breakdowns performed at no charge under full warranty have a flat $50 fee under BEST. Other items, like keeping maintenance records, also apply, but the $50 is what jumps out at me.
    All extended service coverage has the same or similar restrictions, YES from Yamaha or Mercs program have deductables plus they often decline in coverage over time. Suzuki I understand sells the contract to a 3rd party and there are a lot of restrictions.

The state of Florida has strict laws on service agreements and Evinrude provides full warranty service for the life of the contract - in this case 5 or 10 years, and no co-pays.
    -----

I'm really thinking about re-powering my 19xs with an etec. What does a 225 g1 cost not including the harness a small throttle control.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

I've called a few places and the best price i've gotten so far has been $19,200. I'm on the West Coast and I think they're more $ out here. I'm gonna call ARG Marine in Florida next week and see what their price is.

11. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    I'm really thinking about re-powering my 19xs with an etec. What does a 225 g1 cost not including the harness a small throttle control.
    How you going to make it work?

I already have the throttle. I repowered my old boat with a new g1 whicj I still have. The only thing I woukd need would be a harness and digital gauges. (The small throttle) in my above post was a typo.

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

13. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    You would use the same harness for your current ETEC as you would with a New G1. The digital I-command gauges come in 3.5 or 2.0" but you could easily hook it up to your HDS by tapping into the Backbone. The G2 on the other hand is different.

Nice. Etec on my cajun is a 150 ho. The 225 ho would take the same harness?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim W View Post
    Nice. Etec on my cajun is a 150 ho. The 225 ho would take the same harness?
    A G1 225 HO takes the same controls, gauges, and harness. The G2 is all different
    -----

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12