**Sports, Lake & Cabin Show in Ft Wayne** (Thoughts & Info)

Trying to get feedback from those that have attended in the past years.. Is it a good show and worth attending both as just a visitor and possibly as a Tackle Vendor..

2. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I've not been to that show, but if its like most of them I've been to in Indiana, its not worth the trip. It might be a good one, you never know. There is one in Kokomo, sometime after the first of the year which is pretty fair. There is also one in Franklin, Indiana, I believe. Its not bad either. There may be some others...I'm sure someone will come along and chime in.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

3. Banned
    The one in Franklin hasn't been all that good the past few years, but they have Ott Defoe as one of the guest speakers this year. Otherwise it is a fairly small show.

Yeah I was bored the day of the Franklin show this year so I jumped on the MC and rode up. It was like a flea market/garage sale. Very weak at best. I did get a deal on some close out Accent spinnerbaits though, can't dis that deal

5. Member
    The one I am talking about is up in Fort Wayne Jan 27-29.. Not the Franklin one..

Save your gas money...I live here and don't bother going myself.

2018 Cougar FTD/V8 250 Pro XS
    Colin Maple, Ft. Wayne IN
    IRONHEAD JIG Co. EST 2010

It's too commercial. I don't want to see 5 different window and roofing companies. I want fishing related vendors.

8. Member
    I think that is what the guy who is now running it is trying to accomplish.. The hawg trough and seminars will be back this time.. Not sure who all he is having speak yet..

Used to be a good show, then it became a rv kind of a show. I haven't been in a long time though. Used to go to it, and the indy show, but both of them went down hill. I might go if you are going to have a booth.

You might ask Sherm, at Sherm's marine, believe he had a booth there last year.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

10. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cubswin View Post
    Used to be a good show, then it became a rv kind of a show. I haven't been in a long time though. Used to go to it, and the indy show, but both of them went down hill. I might go if you are going to have a booth.

You might ask Sherm, at Sherm's marine, believe he had a booth there last year.
    Sherm did have a booth at the Indy show last year. The last time I talked with him, he was leaning toward not having one there this coming year. Right now he is in Mountain Home at the BassCat factory, they are having some kind of training for dealers there this week.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

11. Member
    We are gonna take the gamble and roll the dice and attend the show.. We will have a 20' booth possibly 30' if space is available.. Its always a huge gamble doing any show because of the expense and time associated with them.. 1st goal is always to at least break even and anything above that is bonus.. lol

12. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    You want a Real Good show, probably the best in Chicago.. Tinley Park fishing show in Tinley Park High School. 4 gyms and hallways are packed and its a cheap booth price. I-80 and Harlem north 1 mile to 175th and go east for 1.2 miles.

13. Member
    Well after a conflict with tickets the wife received for an event for Christmas I had to back out on attending..