A bit of nostalgia

Well I stopped by in-laws to pick up one of the kids from grandma's the other night and the tv was on. It was tuned to an old episode of "In the Heat of the Night" with Carol O'Conner. It was the end of the episode and him and some lady were on a dock on a lake and then hop in a bassboat and take off. It was a Javelin (forget the model) and what looked like a 92-94 Evinrude Intruder 150. They had put tape over Evinrude but it was not hard to figure out what it was. Man did that show make that boat look old! Just funny to see that.

They sure knew awesome at that time didn't they.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

3. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I had both a 92 and a 94 Javelin with Intruder 150s. Loved those boats, and logged many many miles on Lakes Erie, St. Clair, and Ontario with them. Which is probably why I pucker a little on the big water these days. Boats ran great, but an 18'9" hull in those waves is a young/er man's game.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BESman View Post
    Well I stopped by in-laws to pick up one of the kids from grandma's the other night and the tv was on. It was tuned to an old episode of "In the Heat of the Night" with Carol O'Conner. It was the end of the episode and him and some lady were on a dock on a lake and then hop in a bassboat and take off. It was a Javelin (forget the model) and what looked like a 92-94 Evinrude Intruder 150. They had put tape over Evinrude but it was not hard to figure out what it was. Man did that show make that boat look old! Just funny to see that.
    Over the years on that show the lake in the background is Lake Jackson south of Atlanta.

5. Member
    I still have a 1993 evinrude intruder 150 on my stratos
    2004 Stratos 285 Pro XL 150 Johnson