Razer 4xl update

Mark I finally got a chance to get out, but not under ideal conditions. You said that you took out some cup and you drilled 4 of the holes bigger. Well I no longer have to raise my jack plate all the way up to blast off and bring it down as I plane. Just set the jack plate at 2 inches below pad and all is good. better hole shot with no blow out, better drive on the trailer, and I was on Erie in big swells and she climbed right up them no problem. Can't wait to get out on a calm day and really dial it in. 2010 Z521 all holes open.

2. Member
    What size are you running?

3. 1/2 of ' team catfish ' ol man river's Avatar
    just an fyi- i recently ran a new razor xl 'mod'. 26 x 14 5/8 diameter (?) with sharpened leading edges ( probably should be called an X instead of an XL ) . faster than the 26 fs i had. faster than the old style 26 bravo1 i had tested, with the same great holeshot. comparable rpms pitch for pitch with an xs/fs style bravo. it had slightly reduced handling vs the original xl or bravo due to the reduced diameter, but overall was a great prop. didnt have the blistering midrange of the bravo xs/fs, ( most likely due to the thicker / stronger blades ) but was better on top end imo. fastest 4 blade ive run on my boat to date. ( mark's not getting it back )
    Last edited by ol man river; 11-30-2016 at 07:33 PM.

4. Member
    Champ it is a 24

5. Member
    Just got my 26xl. Thru it on, plugged 2 holes and its awesome. Shoots out of he hole and dropped my on plane speed from 30 to 22. That's gonna make a big difference in the rough stuff. Great mid range too. Didn't open it up but it might just be faster than the T1-27