Helix 12 switching pages at will?

Anyone have a problem with there Helix just randomly changing pages. Some days it does it and other days its fine. Need Help. Thx

2. Member
    Haven't seen that problem. Have you checked power?
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

3. Member
    Make sure none of the buttons are catching on the bezel causing the button to be partially engaged ...

Rickie

4. Member
    Count me in. One of my Helix 10's does the same thing.

5. Member
    Bout the only thing I have noticed if I push buttons to change screens real fast its sometimes responds slowly then tries to catch up after I got my screen I want . Then it will change but I think that is different than you are describing though.

6. Member
    Power is good. Buttons do not seem to be catching. Just checked and it needs an update. Does any one know if an update will fix this problem?

7. Member
    I've only had mine a few weeks. I'll be fishing with the Helix on a screen, i.e., 2D, SI, whatever. I'll look down and it defaults to one of the mapping screens. It gets frustrating considering its a brand new unit. Haven't checked to see if it needs an update.

8. Member
    I will give humminbird a call tomorrow and see if they have an answer.

Are any of you loosing the sonar function due to not fully engaging the cable collector on the transducer cable side?
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    Are any of you loosing the sonar function due to not fully engaging the cable collector on the transducer cable side?
    Yes. Every once in a while, I'll get a pop-up window about that. So I power down the unit and reattach the power plug. That "seems" to fix it for a little while. But again, these are new and I won't be using them on the boat until next year because I'm done for the year. It's just too cold at this point.

Maybe the plug is coming loose which is causing the problem?? I'll find out more in a few months.

I'll keep checking this thread.....

11. Member
    I have both problems with my helix 12s. Randomly switches to map view and occasional lose of connection to the network. Anyone have experiences with these?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbix View Post
    I have both problems with my helix 12s. Randomly switches to map view and occasional lose of connection to the network. Anyone have experiences with these?
    Not sure about MEGA units but any time you use CHIRP mode then that is possible depending on what units are sharing through network. Example: I have two units at console with one being a Helix 12 CHIRP and the other a 998 for mapping. The 998 only has Ethernet and power. I can share 2D and imaging from the Helix 12 but only when not using CHIRP mode. When using CHIRP mode, the 998 switches back to chart view. I also get a lot of green pop-up boxes for loss of 2D and imaging data....LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

13. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    I have had that happen before, but what I usually do NOW is start the AS ETH 5PXG 1st and then after a few seconds or so I fire up the unit I would call the "master" (unit you're mainly tapping info from) and give that 2-3 minutes to fully come online, acquire an IP address & make sure it sees anything connected (just the 5PXG).

Then I will fire up the next of several (if you have more than one) displays allowing each to come online and acquire an IP addy.
    If at any time you get a message "local sonar/GPS/etc lost - switch to local?" either ignore it for a few minutes or hit exit on the unit.

Rinse & repeat until all units are online & seeing each other without being in a hurry to view the system status (which I keep that view enabled for checking if needed).

Go into the network tabs & configure your sources as you'd like, and if they are not listed - you probably jumped the gun & didn't wait long enough.

It takes a while to get ready to go, so I am always starting up the network after I dump the rig.

If you experience repeated drops after this procedure - you may need to reset the network by yanking the Ethernet while the machines are booted - and disconnect each one by one, shutting down and again booting with NO network connection so the switch & units release the IP addresses and start fresh.

I have only had to do this ONCE in several years of networking my HB units.

HTH...

RAS
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

14. Member
    Thanks for that advice. Will give it a try.

15. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Report back & let us know how you did.

If you still have issues - maybe a call to HB may help - but this should do it....
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI
    Helix12MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MSI G2N v1.84/Helix10MDI G2N v1.84/ASGPSHSx2/iPilotLinkv2.15/2.04RC-1+2/

16. Member
    Starting the network first and waiting a few minutes seem to do the trick. (Still fighting Terrova interference with the external trolling motor DI though...but that'll be on a different thread).

17. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Cool.

Let us know what's going on with the RFI & we'll see what we can do when you start that thread...
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI

18. Member
    I put a post on my RFI issue titled:
    Terrova and Helix 12 DI Interference

yep, having the same problem with both of my Helix 12 units...more often though with the SI unit

20. Bringer Of The 'Bird sfw1960's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralbertina View Post
    yep, having the same problem with both of my Helix 12 units...more often though with the SI unit
    Tried this?
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....=1#post8257376
    Robert
    Newaygo CTY, MI