Thread: Lady bugs

Banned

Lady bugs

What's everyone doing to keep these annoying things out. I can only vacuum so many.

2. Member
    Never met a Lady Bug I didn't like. You actually having them show up in your trailer uninvited while your trailer is not in use? I've never had a problem with them in or near my trailer. Now ants, that's another issue.

3. Banned
    Yeah have them in there starting to winterize. I have wooded land about 15 yards from my house and my trailer is in on its slab about 10' from the woods

Hey, look on the bright side. You'll never have to worry about aphids in your garden.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Had a major lady bug invasion on a recent camping trip ..... They were swarming and trying to find places to hide for the winter ......still vacuuming them out of the camper and truck cab. If you figure out another way to get rid of them let me know!!
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

6. Member
    lemon scent keeps them away, worked for me

Thanks for that tip

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    Just a edumacated guess that they are Asian beetle. You can thank the government for that gift! CJ
    2002 X19 200HP OX66 HO Vmax,HPDI lower, it lives, thanks Hydro Tec.

9. Member
    Put Hedge apples in the trailer. Lady bugs don't like them.

10. Member
    If they are orange and black their asian beetles and a pita, lemon scent or spray works. Oh, the asian beetles bite also, lol.

had several travel trailers over the years and a MH. always went to a hard ware and bought SS Screen, and took every panel off, and fabricated the screen inside, water heater door, Heater and stove Doors and the roof ducts for the fridge and heater. keeps out the dirt dobbers, wasps , yellow jackets, carpenter bees etc. can buy pre made ones from camper supply places, but this was cheaper. on inside part of those, exterior access panels or doors. I just used a hot melt glue gun to stick the screen to hold. did buy the water hose screens pre made tho. and always kept the fresh water hose(white) ends screwed together and rolled up in a bag, stored in shower tub, black and grey hoses stored in a separate bag to them selves in a side storage. even on the genset exhaust pipe with a matching radiator clamp. A/C roof cover since has holes . for water line and electric hook up a dab of Vaseline rubber 360° around hose and about 2" length, at the arch above ground, greatly reduces the ants and creepy crawlies from going up hoses into camper , as no scent trails to follow.also use on ropes if use for tie downs for awnings etc. Most camp sites besides the table & fire pit, have a post for hanging a coleman lantern, I have used that or even a drop cord and hang a light bulb on the shop lights most have in a garage for working on cars and at times a small electric bug light also.. just too bad that wont kill skeeters haha

12. Banned
    I had to get my trailer rdy for work this weekend. So last week I had terminx spray it for the bugs. Oh my, the thousands and thousands of ones that are now if my shop vac. And I continue to find some dead by the door. Seems like I'm coming out ahead, only a few more hours of this I think I may have it knocked out. I should of took some pictures of them piled up by the corner of the slides.