Onboard battery charger install question

Im replacing my noco charger on 2013 basscat cougar with a minn kota pc charger. The question i have is where are guys mounting the charger. My noco is mounted under the splash well against the transom. The new minn kota wont fit there. Can i get some pics or ideas on where to mount this charger. Thanks.

2. Member
    Ian it wide enough to go over the well (from battery tray to battery tray? I think the MK are about the perfect width to be able to mount it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfishwilb View Post
    Ian it wide enough to go over the well (from battery tray to battery tray? I think the MK are about the perfect width to be able to mount it there.
    If it's a two stroke, oil tank is there and probably wouldn't work. I'm in the same situation an thinking will have to figure the best way to get on transom.
    2016 BassCat Cougar FTD

Yeah my oil tank is in the middle between my four batteries.

5. Member
    Had first one on transom. It broke the top two screw areas off. Had to send in for replacement. New one was little bigger so I had to move the oil reservoir toward south back of that well due to power poles pumps. I then added mine across the new space created. It's tight but should fit

Can you send me a pic on how its mounted. 8432302995

7. Member
    Has anyone tried mounting the charger in one of the back compartments and making a hole to run the wires through? I'm considering that on a 09 Puma. Would like some opinions. I'm mounting a 4 bank Noco. It's going to be either that or making some kind of bridge from the batteries in the back. I'm just out of room with 4 batteries, power pole pumps, and an oil reservoir.
    2009 Bass Cat Puma
    2017 250 Pro XS

8. Member
    How about using some stainless heavy duty hose clamps to mount a aluminum plate to the seat post, then mount the charger to that plate.

Any ideas how to do it on a 99 P3? Got 4 grp 31 batteries, oil tank in the middle and power pole pump on each side. I have no rear storage due to the Jacuzzi style livewells on a P3. Thinking of mounting mine under the passenger seat on a piece of marine grade plywood and some plastic spacers under the unit before screwing it down so it can have some air flow. Then running the wires through the side of the compartment and into the rear. I may end up having to strecth the wires just a tick but oh well. Also thinking of making another bridge between the batteries and mounting it on top of the oil tank and strapping it to the seat post. Another idea is to use some quick connect and disconnect color coded connectors and just plug it in and unplug it from each battery each time I charge and setting it in the bilge somewhere while its charging then remove connections and charger.
    2017 BCB Eyra
    250 Pro XS
    Contemplating a 300R

Serenity is falling asleep in the boat while getting a bite
    Big Bear Fishing Rods

10. Member
    20161212_223848.jpg

I ended up doing mine on a bridge across the batteries. It looks tacky but should work for a while I hope. I thought about just putting alligator clamps on all 4 leads and just hook it up each time and leave the charger out of the boat.
    Last edited by Trout; 12-13-2016 at 12:04 AM.
    2009 Bass Cat Puma
    2017 250 Pro XS

11. Member
    I was having trouble finding room when I put the power pole pumps in mine so I decided to take mine out. Put a 2 pin plug on each lead from charger and one on each battery, plug it all up when I come off of the water. Never used it on the water and wondered why I lugged it around in boat when I'm fishing anyway (just added weight and took up room). And it's probably less likely to get damaged at home than on the water. Just my 2cents.......

12. Bobby8
    I did the same and took mine out and put clips on. I take it off the shelf when I get home and hook it up. Takes just a minute to do.