Thread: **360 Mega??**

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Basically the same looking bulb as the current 360 but have stationary crystals sitting along the wall same as a regular side imaging ducer. Use enough to provide a full 360 degree image given there will be overlapping pulses and returns. The unit and software would have to do the magic of blending the image to a single clear 360 degree image.
    The SI crystals in the 360 are about the same length of the Compact SI transducer and take up the diameter of the 360 pod.
    With what you suggested, the crystals would have the be much shorter and there would be no thin SI pulses to generate an image.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne P. View Post
    The SI crystals in the 360 are about the same length of the Compact SI transducer and take up the diameter of the 360 pod.
    With what you suggested, the crystals would have the be much shorter and there would be no thin SI pulses to generate an image.
    Then perhaps a prism dome shape? Visualize placing enough SI compact transducers on a table to make a circle. Now place additional SI compact transducers over the gaps to cover the deadspace of the complete circle. It would be a bit larger but I'm sure the smart folks could come up with a handy deployment system. Considering the overlapping style, the dome would need to be what, 10" diameter to accommodate?

With as much as these things cost and considering how nearly all current technology has become smaller and more powerful, I would assume it would be achievable. Isn't a crystal just piezoelectric cream of tarter, sodium carbonate, and distilled water aka Rochelle Salt? Or, would it have to come down to downsizing the hydrophones or just having one hydrophone collect all returns from all crystal pulses that would be lined up 360 degrees?
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

Quote Originally Posted by ILbassin View Post
    Then perhaps a prism dome shape? Visualize placing enough SI compact transducers on a table to make a circle. Now place additional SI compact transducers over the gaps to cover the deadspace of the complete circle. It would be a bit larger but I'm sure the smart folks could come up with a handy deployment system. Considering the overlapping style, the dome would need to be what, 10" diameter to accommodate?

With as much as these things cost and considering how nearly all current technology has become smaller and more powerful, I would assume it would be achievable. Isn't a crystal just piezoelectric cream of tarter, sodium carbonate, and distilled water aka Rochelle Salt? Or, would it have to come down to downsizing the hydrophones or just having one hydrophone collect all returns from all crystal pulses that would be lined up 360 degrees?
    Maybe 10 feet in diameter to get enough piesoes of the appropriate length to even have sharper images.

The Compact SI transducer is 4" long and the HDSI transducer is 6" long. The HDSI produces sharper images than the Compact SI transducer.
    Looks like the MEGA SI transducer is even longer.

The pulse size is what produces the sharper images. A bunch of small ones cannot.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

Maybe 10 feet in diameter to get enough piesoes of the appropriate length to even have sharper images.

The Compact SI transducer is 4" long and the HDSI transducer is 6" long. The HDSI produces sharper images than the Compact SI transducer.

The pulse size is what produces the sharper images. A bunch of small ones cannot.
    Omnidirectional sonar has already been created that commercial fisherman already use. Now, to just get a HD image out of it and bring the cost down from it's listed price of $50,000 lolol.

In the meantime, I guess they could place some DSI ducers upright in a circle!
    2020 Ranger RT188P
    Mercury 115 ProXS CT/23P Tempest/Atlas Hydraulic 6”/Sportsman 2 Powerpoles/Ultrex 80
    Humminbird Helix 9 MSI/Humminbird Helix 9 MDI+/Humminbird Mega 360

5. Member

Wayne, it seems you are a little down on the idea of better imagery 360. Even if the current 455 beam was replaced by the 1200 I cannot see it is going to be much more in diameter than the length of the new transducer. I for one would be happy to put up with the size to get better 360 imagery.

The piezoes themselves are smaller than the overall length of the SI transducer itself, so the 360 dome may not have to be as large as you suggest.
    Last edited by StrikeBack; 12-02-2016 at 09:37 PM.
    John

Solix 12, Helix 12, Onix 10

So why not do it all with computer code writing, my experience is this, lowrance GPS / heading, speed sensor works better than birds. I am pretty sure this is because it is delayed 1.5 seconds vs birds instantaneous .4 .7 .4 .6 .3 .8 as the waves are rocking the boat. If the unit can either use the GPS data/ cog or a off vertical axis measurement as waves come and go and delay the image 2 seconds As it filters this out.

how about double the si components at 30* offset and it takes 2 returns to post a single image, i get that you would loose some fish in the filter process but it seems possible to me and if I could select between structure imaging and fish locating.

Maybe on fish locating more turn the "dual " si components at 45 or 90* so you can see the fish moving that much faster while still not rotating to fast...

7. Banned
    You can get multi axis heading sensors, like the airmar h2183 or gh2183. Extremely accurate in all sea conditions. I have one and love it

http://www.airmar.com/uploads/brochures/h2183.pdf

http://www.airmar.com/uploads/brochures/gh2183.pdf

http://www.starmarinedepot.com/airma...nsor-10hz.html

8. Member
    You guys are really trying to create that 150k bass boat....
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

Yes that heading sensor integrated into the processor for 360 gen two, I bet that is part of the new gen spot lock.

Ever been to the clinic where the doctor uses the ultrasound to see the baby and it's movements real-time. How hard is it for humminbird or any manufactures to do that. The technology exist already, just gotta put it to fish finding use.

04 ZX250/300 VMAX HPDI

Quote Originally Posted by ricqik View Post
    Ever been to the clinic where the doctor uses the ultrasound to see the baby and it's movements real-time. How hard is it for humminbird or any manufactures to do that. The technology exist already, just gotta put it to fish finding use.
    The cost of the ultrasound equipment and its range?????
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

12. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ricqik View Post
    Offices are a controlled environment, obviously the lake isn't. There is also a cost vs profit factor. The average user won't touch the capabilities of what we have now so at what point is there a need to expand further?

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ezfishn View Post
    You guys are really trying to create that 150k bass boat....
    With 50 year financing ........

panoptix?

15. Banned
    wow fish got banned

16. Member
    WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by ntslam View Post
    WTF?
    I second that!
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

18. Banned
    probably a week vacation

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123