1993 20xd prop help

Running a 200 efi on my 20xd.motor is just a plain old fishing motor. Was running a 225 but it blew an I had this one so I put it on, need suggestions on a good top end prop with a descent hole shot.

2. Member
    24p or 26 promax would be a decent start. Holeshot was incredible on my buddy's 20xd with a promax but would have ran into the limiter if the motor was as high as it needed to be.

3. trapp201pro
    What gears are you running ?1.87 or what ?

Call marty at rothwell marine. He ran every prop made on his 92 xrd with 200xri. Those years are like having a newer comp hull. If i remember right his favorite was a plain ole chopper

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Quote Originally Posted by Bullred View Post
    Running a 200 efi on my 20xd.motor is just a plain old fishing motor. Was running a 225 but it blew an I had this one so I put it on, need suggestions on a good top end prop with a descent hole shot.
    I run a 26 ot4 on mine approx. 2" below. Good holeshot but by myself it will hit the limiter pretty easy. But good prop with 2 loaded and fishing. Hope you get it lined out I've had 225 promax, 225 3.0l, then 2005 200efi. Definitely alot easier to prop a promax I really miss mine.

1998 20xd
    2005 200efi
    Towed Around By: Ram Mega Cab Cummins

6. Member
    Thanks for the help, I don't know the ratio of the gears I'm 1:87 I would imagine but I'm not sure. Got the motor from Paul Nichols. He rebuilt it an I bought it from him sometime back. I just don't have any props that work on it can get any lift hardly an the too end sucks beyond belief, with the 25's an 26's I've tried.

Youll save a ton of time and money calling marty. I can assure you he ran every prop available at every height with your exact combo. There is nobody else in the country that can help you half what he can just on the phone.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. Member
    A buddy of mine has the same setup and runs a 26 Trophy and loves it.

9. Member
    Thanks Guys, I will make the call! But now I have engine issues motor won't make any RPMs bogs out of the hole, so I'm gonna have to deal with that before I worry about props now. ALWAYS SOMETHING, gets tiring after awhile.

10. Member
    Thanks Guys, I will make the call! But now I have engine issues motor won't make any RPMs bogs out of the hole, so I'm gonna have to deal with that before I worry about props now. ALWAYS SOMETHING, gets tiring after awhile.
    We have two broke motors in our garage right now :(

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 90 5.0 View Post
    We have two broke motors in our garage right now :(
    I feel for ya, my center console is acting up now so it looks like I have two also, the 200 efi I just parked it. It's cold a yeah so I'll deal with it after xmas