Thread: everyday carry!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    North End of Beautiful Norfork Lake...MO/AR Border
    Quote Originally Posted by 481VSangler View Post
    What holster is that? I've been looking for an OWB holster for my XDs 9mm and that looks really nice.
    It is custom and it is the only owb I carry.....http://www.zlogonje.com , the mans name is Dan McIntosh, he stays about 8 weeks out but well worth it

2. Member
    Kahr CW9

3. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Have a few but keep going back to shield 45

4. Member
    My daily carry is a .45 cal. Kimber Ultra RCP II in a IWB N82 Tactical holster. The weapon shows some polished edges from daily carry for almost 13 years. I picked up the holster 2 years ago from N82tactical.com. It is the most comfortable holster I have ever owned. The weapon is very secure, but accessible. No part of the weapon touches your skin. If I had found it 13 years ago, I would not have a large box of holsters that are not being used and enough money saved to buy a couple of nice weapons.

I also have a Colt 1911A1, a Glock 30 & 36, but they are stashed in the house.
    '82 Champion 201 Pro, 'Rude 235 Looper, "The Lead Sled", One Power Head in 34 years, VERY thirsty!

The ones I dont understand is the guys that daily carry a hog leg or a full frame gun kinda hard to fully conceal a model 29 in your waistband. There are soooo many single stack setups out there keep your 1911 in your nightstand!
    Last edited by grayline; 12-14-2016 at 07:49 AM.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grayline View Post
    Ya gonna shoot it or show it...ya carry for protection not for show. My 2011 S&W Shield has been on duty since march 2011.only fired in the LOD twice...unless your a LEO dont carry open..
    Either way, it doesn't matter. Kydex will scratch the surface and even though it is for EDC, I want to keep it looking nice.
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    My only concern is the shell. I'm worried about the kydex scratching the finish on my gun. Any issues with this ?

You shoot it or show it? my M&P 9 has been flawless Ive used a desantis full leather IWB holster for 4 years now and it is so soft I often forget its there.

8. Member
    Bodygaurd for me.I like the extra safety of a hammer.

9. Member
    Most days it's the Kimber Solo in one of, well I am not sure how many holsters I have, at least three for that one LOL.

This time of year I can carry anything I own in a compression T shirt that has built in holsters under each arm. They get a little warm in the summer, but will do if I want to conceal something like the FN FiveSeven. I prefer to carry there or untucked shirt with short weapon in OWB holster. I prefer boned leather over kydex.

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    Either way, it doesn't matter. Kydex will scratch the surface and even though it is for EDC, I want to keep it looking nice.
    If kydex scratches your guns finish, get a better gun or finish

Springfield xds 3.3 45 cal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123