Thread: V20

V20

There doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there on the V20. Wanted to know what prop to pad height, prop, and speed/handling they are getting out of these boats. Any info would be appreciated..

2. Member
    I forgot to add that mine came set up 6" prop to pad with a 24 fury three blade. I get about 70 out of it around 5900+ rpm. No more pedal left. Seems like I could get more out of this boat.

V20BHAM!

Try the 25 Fury

4. Member
    V20 does not get a good holeshot with the 25p fury....I'm running the 24p fury 4 1/4 below pad....at 5890 wot I'm getting 72mph loaded

5. Member
    V20 Bham, these boats generally like 3 to 3 1/2" below pad with 24" Fury 3 Blade....Typical speeds are 70-74 mph depending on load, temperature, etc....Your pushing the rev limiters with where you are setup now unless your over trimming. You might try the 25 Fury in the cooler months and see if you don't pick up a couple mph...As stated above it will be slower out of the hole. Does your boat have a holeshot plate on the bottom of the jackplate?

6. Member
    I do have the holeshot plate on the bottom of the jackplate. This boat comes out of the hole great with livewells loaded, etc... Have ya'll tried the Fury 4 25 pitch? I think I'm going to a 25 pitch, but undecided between the three and four blade.

7. Member
    Call Kody at Legend in regards to the Fury 4. I was going to pull the trigger, until I spoke with him. There is no top end increase is what he told me.

IMO..It's rig/set up dependent. The only way to know for sure is to try one.

"Mercury’s Fury 4 complements the original Fury propeller, so now there’s a Fury propeller for all anglers. While the three-blade original Fury set the speed standard for bass boats with light and medium loads, the Fury 4 gives competitive bass anglers with tournament-loaded boats an additional 1 mph over the Fury – making it the fastest propeller in the world for heavy tournament-loaded boats."

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB225HO View Post
    Call Kody at Legend in regards to the Fury 4. I was going to pull the trigger, until I spoke with him. There is no top end increase is what he told me.
    What about hole shot?

10. Member
    I really don't have first hand knowledge. I called to ask what experience Legend had, and what pitch would make sense, and was told the overall results were not great.

11. Member
    It all depends what you want. Even after all that not all props are equal. One 25p may be amazing while another prop same everything acts completely different. I found the best all around prop to be a tempest. When on big water I go with the bravo. I don't have fury 4 experience but I hated every fury I ever owned they only ran good for me in the cold under light loads.
    Nitro z21

12. Member
    What are your setting for your hole shot and what motor do you have. Are you using a bobs plate

13. Member
    Thier dosen't seem to be any short cuts to bass boat proformance setup
    It seem to be a give n take for prop choice.
    Is top end more important or hole shot and mid range?
    Is optimum rough water performance needed?
    Driver and water conditions and load play a huge roll in overall proformance.
    I am picking up a 211r next week. I plan on running the boat for about thirty hours or so to get used to the boat.
    If the 25 fury runs good I will have a prop shop make sure the prop is balanced.
    If the prop is off pitch any it will affect the boats proformance.
    The fury four looks like a real winner for the 211 In rough water conditions.
    I will try one later on. I purchased the 211 for it noted rough water proformance.
    This boat is designed to "eat rough water and spit it out".
    All the Legend 20 footers were designed to really shine in the worst rough water conditions.