Aerator recirculating pump

Has anybody else had problems installing a recirculating pump. I put one in my 286 pro and I had to cut a hole in my storage compartment to install it

2. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    I can't imagine that.... My 207 is one of the easiest rigs I've ever replaced pumps on....what year? Maybe some of the guys her has some tips...

3. Member
    1990 286 pro tournament. My boat didn't have a recirculating pump installed,but it brought water from the lake in and lake Robinson is a power plant lake and she hot all the time

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Check out THMarines website...recircs are pretty easy to plumb in...you do have to drill a hole in the livewell

5. Member
    Found one at academy and installed just have to get timer

I think I understand his pain. My 1992 286 has the single fuel tank in the center and the only way to access the pumps is to remove the tank and I'm not sure that is entirely possible without some trimming. I haven't had to do anything with my pumps yet, thank goodness, and I hope it is a while before I do. From what I understand there was a dual tank option that put the fuel tanks on either side and the batteries in the middle and that would have been a much better option in my opinion but I didn't buy my rig new. Other than the poorly designed access to everything in the rigging compartment I love the boat.
    1992 Sprint 286 Pro Tournament
    Evinrude 175XP

7. Member
    Yea mine has the ctr gas tank and Lord there is no room at all . I barely got 2 of the interstate group 29 in there for Trolling Motor. What sprint says is a aerator pump is ,it just pulls water from the outside. I cut between the tank and storage and installed a pump so I could just recirculate the water

8. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The only time i recirc water is when the rig is off the water....waiting for weigh-in....I use my aerator on the timer....but I'm not fishing power plant lakes.....I have found tho....fish live better in the well if they're fed the same water they came out of....JMHO

9. Member
    With my 207 I pump water in and pumped it out on the timer. We deal with smallmouth and they are oxygen hogs.

10. Member
    You right bass Meister . With the water temp being high 80's in Dec ,I had to do something. I fill up at the house well water and just recirculate that instead of pumping in lake water

11. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oldroe View Post
    With my 207 I pump water in and pumped it out on the timer. We deal with smallmouth and they are oxygen hogs.
    I open the livewell drains while I'm fishing and let the areator run on the timer...that lets the excrement and a lot of the spit ups to drain out....overflow goes out the big drain......I rarely lose a fish....I don't get into small mouth territory often either...

12. Member
    It worked great 90 degree water and didn't lose a fish

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar