Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Vinyl Wrapping a Power pole??

I have some Pro Series IIs that have the Camo wrap from when i bought them.
    Looking to possibly move them over to my new boat, but definitely dont want camo.
    I found this site shallowwatercustomz.com that sells vinyl wrap. But, there site seem a little uninformative.
    Wondering if anyone has any experience. Dont think i am interested in powder coating due to expense.
    Thanks

Their site is certainly confusing to navigate. And there isn't a definitive picture or explanation of what you are buying (Pre-cut? What parts get wrapped with the kit? Installation kit included?). I couldn't find what type of wrap material they use either... maybe it's buried in their website, but I didn't see it.
    Assuming their configurator lets you choose the product you have (they don't say "Pro Series II" - so assume Pro Series is the same?), $50 for a pre-cut wrap may not be bad.
    But you could buy bulk wrapping vinyl (e.g., 3M 1080) for as little as $5 solid colors, $20 for carbon fiber and wrap 2 PPs for half the cost.

Disclaimer: I've never used a pre-cut kit, but my guess is applying one on anything other than a flat surface - anything with compound curves - would be a PITA. I would prefer to apply uncut sheet material, heat/stretch/shrink as needed, and trim to fit.

3. Member
    I think i agree. Definitely sounds like bulk material maybe easier and also have more room for error.

EBay!!!! Did mine several years ago ordered off eBay precut to I think 6" wide will fit one channel. Piece of cake. Very very cheap 3m

Did the shallow water comstomz pp wrap. Save ur money. The wrap was well... Just a long sticker that you had to cut to fit.

The word power pole is not on the wrap. I asked them to make a power pole decal to put on the wrap and they sent me the word power pole written in cursive... I was like really. Why would I want it that way

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

6. Member
    I did the water comstomz pp wrap also, a waist. Should have gone elsewhere. Looks like all they sent was a piece of tape (red).

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Have a set in here now for dipping from a BBC member stay tuned for pics

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

9. Member
    Let's see em KandK

10. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    When done id be happy too, gonna be a few weeks

I would love to have this done. My black poles dont look good with my sliver and red Triton.

How the heck does one go about shipping two 10 foot poles.

12. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Once you strip the covers off your poles , bubble wrap and drop in pvc pipe w end caps tape and ship

13. Member
    Wrapped mine with vinyl and called Power-Pole and asked em for some new stickers. They sent them for free. I bought the vinyl off of eBay for like $20 and took about 2 hours of my time. I did dual color black and red to match my boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

14. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Can I shop in your garage

15. Scraps
    I just wonder how the wraps stand up over time. I made a mistake and allowed my dealer to leave the PIIs on my boat when I wanted the Blades. Blades look so much nice I'd like to find a wrap or dip that makes the PIIs look a little better.
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Quote Originally Posted by kandkkustomzhydrographics View Post
    Can I shop in your garage
    LMFAO!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tgrife View Post
    Wrapped mine with vinyl and called Power-Pole and asked em for some new stickers. They sent them for free. I bought the vinyl off of eBay for like $20 and took about 2 hours of my time. I did dual color black and red to match my boat.
    Looks great! Awesome job on the wrap!

I have had my 3m carbon fiber looking vinyl??? I bought off eBay for about 4 years and they still look like the day I put them on. Looks like the same stuff the above picture

I wish my hands were steady enough to cut somthing like that for my power poles. I think the blades would be a pain to do because of all the holes.

20. Member
    Yep the shallow water customs is nothing but a rectangle cut of vinyl. No precut holes for hoses and you have to manually cut out the oval to show the power pole sticker. Definitely disappointed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast