Thread: Go jacks

Go jacks

Thinking of getting some go jacks for my trailer so I can easily move it around my garage. With a two axle trailer, will I need to get 4 of them or will one per side lift the tires off the ground? Thanks

2. Member
    I've used 4 wheel dollies on my trailer before and they work great. I used them when I was building cars to shuffle frames around the shop. They can come in handy at times.
    "I don't always go fishing, but when I do, its in a Lund"
    2005 Lund 2025 IPS Pro-V LE Magnum Tournament Series
    225 hp Mercury Optimax, 15 hp Mercury kicker
    Minn Kota Terrova 112 36v iPilot link

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Sometimes you can put them under just the front wheels and lower the tongue.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

4. Banned
    Two Zendex Gojaks will work under the front set, making it act like a single axle, tried CatFan's method, didn't work on mine.
    After a couple of years bought 2 more, allowing it to slide sideways E A S I LY, should 've done sooner.

5. Member
    With my Basscat Cougar I can put them on the front axle, and then put the front tongue jack all the way down and it will rock back and forth on the lifted axle and allow you to move it anywhere you want.

I have four of the Harbor Freight and I only ever use two of them.

6. Member
    Four, and the bigger the little wheels on the jacks and smoother the bearings the easier it is too get all that mass moving. When I had that set up I found once the boat was moving you could move it anywhere! Getting all 16 of those little Jack wheels going in the same direction wasn't always an easy task. I had to make a sideways push.

7. Member
    Harbour Freight has theirs on for $69.99 each at the moment if you are going to give it a try...

I agree with n2ratfishin, you get the wheels lined up, along with the front jack wheel and it is very easy to move.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ManShow View Post
    Harbour Freight has theirs on for $69.99 each at the moment if you are going to give it a try...

I agree with n2ratfishin, you get the wheels lined up, along with the front jack wheel and it is very easy to move.
    i tried the harbor freight and they did not work,they might if you wanted to buy some new wheels for them and the cost would be to much,i would like to try a good set of gojaks and see what they do

9. Member
    Thanks guys.....harbor freight does have a good sale and they say they have new wheels. May give them a shot, especially at $69. if they don't work well, I'll bite the bullet and go with gojack.

10. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Comb655 View Post
    Thanks guys.....harbor freight does have a good sale and they say they have new wheels. May give them a shot, especially at $69. if they don't work well, I'll bite the bullet and go with gojack.
    Be sure to get 20% off coupons and have somebody else buy the second set.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Comb655 View Post
    dont know about new wheels,it was about 3 weeks ago i tried a set

I got 2 of the harbor freight oneS on my 19 xs. They wk fine on the two front wheels

Triton 19 XS Elite, 225 Mercury Pro XS, Minn Kota Ultrex 112, Hydrowave H2, Twin 8' Power Pole Blades, Power Pole CHARGE, Lowrance HDS 12 and 16 at console, Lowrance HDS 9, Garmin LiveScope at bow, Mercmonitor, Rigid Industries Deck lights and other stuff to come that will make me go more broke

13. Member
    which model did you get?
    Jack

2005 Ranger 520 DX
    2005 Mercury 225 Optimax Pro XS
    Mercury Trophy 24
    Mk Ultrex 110 Ipilot link
    Powerpole 8'
    Hb helix 9 di S/N
    Hb helix 10 si. S/N
    Garmin 10 UHD W/ Panoptix

14. Member
    I went with the gojaks. I did need four for my Ranger 521vx. Tried Catfans method but my rear tires wouldn't come off the ground.

15. Member
    I have 4 for my boat and it works great. My boat fits like a glove into the garage stall and without them I'd be in a world of hurt. With a dual axle trailer I'd just go ahead and get 4.

2005 Champion 198 DC Elite
    2005 Mercury Optimax-225hp (Serial#1B073011)

I too have 4 of the go jacks and while it does get the job done, it can be tough to get it started moving at times. It is a must with the tandem but a longer and wider garage would be better in reality. The go jacks work but are a compromise. Kind of afraid that there will come a day that I cannot physically move the boat even with the go jack dollys.

FLORIDA BOAT: 2016 Ranger 519, Mercury 225 Pro XS, Atlas 6" hydraulic jack plate, Motor Guide Tour Pro, Humminbird Helix 12SI Mega chirp on console, Helix 12SI up front, dual 8' power poles, livewell pumpout

LET US NOT LOSE SIGHT OF HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO ENJOY FISHING AND THE OUTDOORS! CATCHING JUST MAKES IT A BIT SWEETER!

17. Member
    I have the Harbor Freight jacks. Before you ever use them I suggest you take every wheel off and grease the stud and bushing. It will make a tremendous difference in the rolling.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS