Cool 1986 Winner Tournament???

Hello fellow Winner owners. My name is Justin and my dad has purchased a 1986 Winner Tournament with a Johnson 150. It in kinda rough shape but will still get up and go fishing. Problem is we are missing one of the gauges on the dash and would like to know which ones were originally used. Pics of the dash would be nice but we currently have the following gauges: Tach, speedo,Temp,Trim and fuel.

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

3. Member
    water pressure. in my humble opinion very important. i'll post pics of my dash later

4. Member
    welcome to the group too !!!

5. Member
    This from when i redid the old panel on dash. The large hole would be for a Lowrance flasher and the other for a tilt wheel i added. Hope this helps. i don't have a temp gauge as the Mercury gurus told me i didn't need one. it has a warning buzzer for that. also, i have seen many Tournaments since there was a Winner dealer near me in the 80's and early 90's. there was a wide variation of how the dashes were laid out from year to year. yours may not be even remotely like this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Member
    Just noticed, volt meter is another gauge i watch constantly.

7. Member
    Sweet. I wasn't sure on whether it was missing the Volt or water psi but it sounds like it could be users choice. If anything may have enough room to add both. Thanks for the info.

8. Member
    Welcome!!!

IMO PSI before volts. You need to make sure the engine does not drop in water pressure to much in the turns. A Volt meter is important too but the PSI is something I always pay attention to while running.

My dash:
    www.garrettbassers.org Western Maryland's Premier Bass Fishing Club

88 WINNER 18 '9" Tournament 2000
    04 Mercury 150 powerhead 86 lower unit 24p TEMPEST 61mph GPS
    Minn Kota Maxxum 80 - Humminbird 899/858

I just wanna fish....

9. Member

Bought an 86 Tournament today!

I bought an 86 Winner Tournament today! The panels and wood need some work. I'll post a pic of the dash and do some before and afters.

Travis

Quote Originally Posted by theboyx3 View Post
    Hello fellow Winner owners. My name is Justin and my dad has purchased a 1986 Winner Tournament with a Johnson 150. It in kinda rough shape but will still get up and go fishing. Problem is we are missing one of the gauges on the dash and would like to know which ones were originally used. Pics of the dash would be nice but we currently have the following gauges: Tach, speedo,Temp,Trim and fuel.

Thanks in advance,
    Justin

10. Member
    Good to hear of some of the oldies still out there. Post away, we love pictures !! Welcome to the group