How many claims are too many?

Sorry for the long post.
    I have Farmers Insurance and I'm worried that they will drop me if I file again. In 2014 I filed for a powerhead after I sucked up a plastic bag into the inlets and overheated it. The motor never alarmed but did seize up.(paid $4k) In June of this year I hit a stump and busted a prop and prop shaft (paid $900 no questions asked). Now for this one. First of Oct I fished a tournament in extremely rough water and made a longer run than I should have. On 4 different occasions the motor came out of the water and hit the rev limiter. On the 5th time a rod cap broke and sent one through the block. Now the shop says that I need to file a claim that insurance should pay for it. Should I be worried about them dropping me?

2. Banned
    I just had my first boat claim after 7 years of paying premiums. $6800 for most everything from the powerhead down after a high speed collision with an immovable rock.
    I'm not risking another claim unless it's catastrophic.
    If I were you, I would have not made the $900 prop and prop shaft claim. I would have paid it out of pocket, without a doubt.
    I can't say if your premiums will go up (or they drop you), but I'm not willing to risk it.

3. Member
    I've never filed a claim, but why would you be concern about them dropping you? That's what insurance is for.

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vangg View Post
    I've never filed a claim, but why would you be concern about them dropping you? That's what insurance is for.
    This would be his third claim in two years. I expect they will drop him.

Insurance companies are not in the business of fixing your stuff, they're in the business of making money.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vangg View Post
    Not only will a company drop you for filing claims, other companies know about it too so you'll have trouble getting insurance anywhere.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

7. Banned
    I was in the auto finance business for 24 years, and Farmers Insurance Group caused me more headaches than all the other insurance companies combined.

I prefer to use a specialty insurance company for my boat and RV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I was in the auto finance business for 24 years, and Farmers Insurance Group caused me more headaches than all the other insurance companies combined.

That's interesting...back in the 90's when I was in the carpet business, Farmers Group and State Farm were the two easiest to get a homeowners claim paid. Shelter and Allstate in particular were tighter than a rusted vice. From my observations anyway.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post

Farmers has a very lage subsidiary that is devoted to specialty insurance: Foremost Insurance Group.

MY neighbor had Farmers and backed into our car, getting anything done through Framers was like pulling teeth. A good friend runs the body shop who did the repairs and had nothing good to say about "Framers" as he called them.