Boat Us Insurance

Do you have Boat US insurance? If you do I strongly advise you switch before you have a claim and find out how they really are.

2. BBC SPONSOR
    I have been trying to get the members her to get educated on there coverage's. It is the back side coverage's that come back to haunt you. What happened to you. Thanks Bob Luellen

3. Banned
    I have Boat U.S. insurance on my Bennington, however I've had no claims experience. They've had a good reputation in the past, but changed underwriting companies upon renewal this year. They do have specialized coverages, and my boat's on stated value insurance.

4. BBC SPONSOR
    What year is your boat?

5. Member

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaman View Post
    I have Boat U.S. insurance on my Bennington, however I've had no claims experience. They've had a good reputation in the past, but changed underwriting companies upon renewal this year. They do have specialized coverages, and my boat's on stated value insurance.
    My boat also has a stated value. Has been two months already.

6. Member
    My boat is a 2013.

7. BBC SPONSOR
    You have Agreed value on a total loss. You need to look into partial losses. Look for Depreciation on machinery. Feel free to call me and I will explain. Thanks Bob Luellen 800-339-1235

I had them.....over 20 years, only 1 claim in that time. They Took great care of me. Sold my boat last year....looking for a new boat now. By the sounds of things, they aren't the same company I knew.
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J D View Post
    I had them.....over 20 years, only 1 claim in that time. They Took great care of me. Sold my boat last year....looking for a new boat now. By the sounds of things, they aren't the same company I knew.
    N

I am not sure how hey used they were, did you have any big claims in this time? A total loss? All I can say is they are great when they are taking your money!!

I had them for nearly 25 years. USAA refused to insure my Ranger when I was a 2LT in 1988....so I found BoatUS and never looked back. My rates were reasonable. I did only have one claim in that time, a lower unit and prop. I was back on the water within days. Was completely satisfied.

Things have evidently changed and not for the better.

Im glad I found this thread....I am in the market for a new boat and will be looking for a new insurance company.
    Last edited by J D; 11-27-2016 at 08:20 AM. Reason: pilot error
    "When My Ship Comes In, I will Probably Be At The Airport"
    USAF Retired

11. Member
    I had a boat accident 25 years ago. Hit an unknown underwater obstruction that did major damage to the hull (hit railroad spikes driven into the top of a huge stump that was not marked and which was maybe 12" underwater. Had insurance through Geico which ended up with Traveler's. Worst experience I ever had. They totaled the hull, but the trailer and motor were fine. Expected ME to remove a 2.5 liter merc from the transom, and to keep the trailer, and arranged for a salvage operation to come take the hull.

I asked "how stupid are you?" Where can I buy a bare boat hull, and then go pick it up and expect it to fit my trailer, etc...

I negotiated with the salvage people and they bought my motor and trailer at a fair market value.

Won't ever use Traveler's again. People were ultra-snotty when dealing with them. Common reply was "that is your problem, not ours..." Told them I have never had a car wreck where the insurance said we are totaling the body, but the frame, engine and transmission are fine so you get to keep those and we just pay for the body. Where you get a replacement is your problem.