Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thanks Al and the BBC Family!!

I have been holding off on creating this post in the hopes of getting some pictures but that is taking too long so there are none. Several weeks ago I contacted Al in hopes to get help from BBC to run another fundraiser for a new portable eye tracking device for my laptop. Many of you may remember the fundraiser back in 2011 to purchase me an Eye gaze computer system that allowed me to go to school and earn a degree despite my living with ALS. That system changed my life and has continued to do so but it isn’t easily portable. My illness has continued to progress and there have been some issues that put me at risk of being sent to another hospital. This is a huge threat to my safety because I am unable to talk or move anything but my eyes. All my past injuries occurred with people who were unfamiliar with my needs and me without my computer.

The new PCeye-Mini eye tracker device is the answer to my problem. It’s slightly larger than a Sharpie marker and along with my laptop, it’s ready to go at moment’s notice. When Al got back to me he didn’t hesitate to use some of the BBC Emergency Fund for the device and I received it in under a week. The peace of mind this gave me is priceless.

Thank you Al for always being ready and willing to help me. A huge thanks also to all of the BBC membership that contributed to the emergency fund or my past ALS fundraisers. I am forever grateful.

Ron

I may have ALS but ALS does NOT have me.
    Contribute to the Ron Miller Nursing Scholarship Endowment Fund
    http://www.excelsior.edu/web/donors/...endowment-fund

You are an inspiration Ron! And thanks Al for helping Ron.

3. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I surely hope the new device will be very useful. I admire your tenacity. God speed Ron.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

I'm glad that they came up with that portable device so that you can always stay in contact.

6. Member
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

great news, continued prayers
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

"If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

You are an inspiration Ron. Best wishes and keep posting.
    Bob Guess
    Fishin for Fun
    99 Stratos 273/ 96 Merc 115

10. Banned
    Glad the tech world has kept up a little and eased some worry on your part.

Outstanding...Ron, every year, February to May, for the last 6 years myself and 5 other police/fire mentors volunteer to teach a class 2 nights a week of 18 at risk teenagers. Kids on the cusp of trouble, not doing well in school, discipline issues, etc. We work with them to make better choices, stop bullying, respect themselves and others and expose them to what we all do in public safety. We try to inspire these kids and bring out the best in them. I have a photo montage of your story with pics and newspaper articles from your fishing days and all you have accomplished. I especially love the pics and stories from your college graduation!

I have shown your story to every class and and use your inspiration to talk to the kids about never giving up, stop making excuses for what they can't do and how they can succeed if they have half the heart and determination you have. Thank you! You have no idea how many kids you have touched.

"Team Law & Disorder"

Quote Originally Posted by BassnCop View Post
    Outstanding...Ron, every year, February to May, for the last 6 years myself and 5 other police/fire mentors volunteer to teach a class 2 nights a week of 18 at risk teenagers. Kids on the cusp of trouble, not doing well in school, discipline issues, etc. We work with them to make better choices, stop bullying, respect themselves and others and expose them to what we all do in public safety. We try to inspire these kids and bring out the best in them. I have a photo montage of your story with pics and newspaper articles from your fishing days and all you have accomplished. I especially love the pics and stories from your college graduation!

I have shown your story to every class and and use your inspiration to talk to the kids about never giving up, stop making excuses for what they can't do and how they can succeed if they have half the heart and determination you have. Thank you! You have no idea how many kids you have touched.
    Thank you Joyce for sharing my story for such a special purpose. I hope you have been able to turn some of those young minds around.

I may have ALS but ALS does NOT have me.
    Contribute to the Ron Miller Nursing Scholarship Endowment Fund
    http://www.excelsior.edu/web/donors/...endowment-fund

13. Member
    You are a great inspiration

14. Banned

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinnerb8 View Post
    You are an inspiration Ron! And thanks Al for helping Ron.

+1

16. Hawg Catcher!! Big Bass Man's Avatar
    Keep up the fight Ron!!

17. Member

18. Member

19. Member

20. Member
    You truly are an inspiration!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast