New swing coming together

Been playing golf since I was about 10. Played well in high school and college, but always played a draw. Im 44 now
    and that draw has sometimes turned into hook, which is difficult to control. So I set out to change my swing so I can eliminate the left side of the course and even hit a fade when needed. Its really starting to come together. Last week I shot a 76 at my home course, then an 80
    at Kingsmill Resort's river course and another 76 at my home course today. It is really amazing how much better my misses have gotten since the swing change. I
    occasionally have the older swing creep in, but im getting more consistent each time out
    Last edited by turfy49431; 11-13-2016 at 06:32 PM.

I always played a fade forever. Not purposely it's just my swing. Finally getting to be able to draw the ball when I want.
    Nice scores. I had a very tough golf season. My putting has been really bad. It has cost me a ton of strokes.

Its nice to see you got your swing worked out and looking at your scores the rest of your game also.
    The kingsmill course, is that the one where the LPGA plays and where the PGA played many years ago?
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

Quote Originally Posted by haha View Post
    I always played a fade forever. Not purposely it's just my swing. Finally getting to be able to draw the ball when I want.
    Nice scores. I had a very tough golf season. My putting has been really bad. It has cost me a ton of strokes.

Its nice to see you got your swing worked out and looking at your scores the rest of your game also.
    The kingsmill course, is that the one where the LPGA plays and where the PGA played many years ago?
    Yea thats the course, in Williamsburg. What a beautiful place. I started out a little rough there going five over after four holes, but managed to keep it at an 80. Plus I double bogied the last hole, doh. The greens werent as fast as I expected, but reading putts was so hard. There were optical illusions on every green. I hope the LPGA renews there contract there

Well dang. So much for the swing being grooved. Couldnt hit nothing today. I still hit a few decent ones but for the most part I stunk it up. Try again tomorrow if I aint kayak fishing

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by turfy49431 View Post
    Well dang. So much for the swing being grooved. Couldnt hit nothing today. I still hit a few decent ones but for the most part I stunk it up. Try again tomorrow if I aint kayak fishing
    Some days are like that! Almost like its the first time to swing a club.....we all have them.