Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..

Best Leather Motorcycle Jacket for Big Men ??

I have a friend who has gotten me some great Jobs in the trades these last few years. I think I want to buy him a Real Nice Black Leather Motorcycle Jacket. I would guess he is a full XXL size so I was thinking of getting him a nice XXXL Jacket. I was thinking $200- $600 for the Jacket.. Any nice custom made leather riding Jacket makers ?? What company and model coat do you recommend ?? I was thinking outside the Harley dealer box(might be best option?). What do you suggest, I know nothing on buying a good riding coat.. Any suggestions, websites or makers would be greatfully appreciated.

2. Member
    This is probably a pretty personal item. It would be wise to determine if he is interested in serious protective gear or something more lightweight often called "fashion" leathers as a wind breaker etc. When I rode I liked the heavy ballistic nylon stuff, with removable liners. I also had a strategically padded lightweight mesh jacket with a removable liner for summer riding.

As they say, the best gear is the stuff you are willing to wear all the time.

When I bought a New Goldwing , I looked at MC Shop offers, went to a Big Army Surplus Store. Found a nice smooth Dress style Military thick leather, front cover zipper. around $200.00 back then. can find on ebay where I copy the pic which is very similar.. but was genuine military issue. . It was Heavy in weight, but warm on cold days. lots of different styles > for quick references but check surplus store if one close by> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Cockpit...gAAOSwMVdYGn4D
    Last edited by Bass AHolic; 11-12-2016 at 12:50 PM.

4. Banned
    IL >Tinley Park & Shawnee N.F. Lakes Explorer. Help..
    I am going to have to ask him if he needs one...Thanks, (I hate surprises). I also see I am going to have to get measurements if I want a nice New one. I did see some real nice ones(Famous makers- excellent used condition) that recently sold on ebay for cheapish prices...I am going to check out that Military one, I think it is more of a Fashion jacket nowadays even though he rides a Harley... Can't ride them in the Winter...well most days...

why not? I rode my Wing in January cold 30* clear blue sky. But had a snowmobile suit and insulate long leather MC gloves on, and GW Helmet with face shied, since have intercom & CB mike etc Helmet and face mask for warmth. Wing does put a little engine heat out the vents also.. just wish had AC for summers tho' lolo

P.S. that site ebay also show the old black MC Harley style jackets ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Bass AHolic View Post
    When I bought a New Goldwing , I looked at MC Shop offers, went to a Big Army Surplus Store. Found a nice smooth Dress style Military thick leather, front cover zipper. around $200.00 back then. can find on ebay where I copy the pic which is very similar.. but was genuine military issue. . It was Heavy in weight, but warm on cold days. lots of different styles > for quick references but check surplus store if one close by> http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Cockpit...gAAOSwMVdYGn4D
    I can't stand anything with a collar when I'm on the scooter. The #@*^ thing flaps in the breeze and drives me nuts.
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

scooter probably would Alan, Wing with full WS, could wear a 3 piece suit and drive any where lolo.. I used to have several OLD style street bikes .. 1st 2 where Kawasaki 305 , 3rd a KZ 1000 . then GoldWing with every option available.. nice ride, many a trip to smokies wing dings Now on scooters 1st was in 1969 got a Lambretta when on Guam lolo

8. Member
    It's on the top end of your price range, but Harley FXRG gear is about as nice as you will find. They are pricey, but a very nice jacket. Removeable liner, waterproof, armor, kidney belt, just really a great overall leather jacket. I've had one for about 10 years, and it is still my favorite riding jacket.

9. Member
    Giving clothes is nice but the problem about that many times is sizing to small or big and or even style! Then if they really don't like it they feel obligated to wear because they don't want to hurt your feelings so they keep it and don't wear it. I ride Harley and many of my friends or family give me a Harley gift cards! I can go buy what I really like! Most riders have clothing for all seasons and I'm sure he does as well and would really appreciate the gift card It's a very nice way of saying thank you!
    Last edited by Richard Perez; 11-13-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Perez View Post
    Giving clothes is nice but the problem about that many times is sizing to small or big and or even style! Then if they really don't like it they feel obligated to wear because they don't want to hurt your feelings so they keep it and don't wear it. I ride Harley and many of my friends or family give me a Harley gift cards! I can go buy what I really like! Most riders have clothing for all seasons and I'm sure he does as well and would really appreciate the gift card It's a very nice way of saying thank you!
    I agree with this...

11. Member
    If you are going to by him a riding specific jacket and he rides a Harley. You can't go wrong with a Harley brand they are designed for riding and the quality and comfort is great. The also have options for riding built in that you normally wouldn't notice. I have two of them and love them both. I also have two other brands of riding jackets I always pull out the Harley jacket when I go riding.
    Allen

2011 Ranger Z520
    2020 Mercury 4-Stroke Pro XS 250

Rebel Bass Club

http://rebelbass.webstarts.com/

Gone Fishing

If he rides a Harley and you know he likes the gear, I would give him a Harley store gift card instead of a jacket. I'm not a huge fan of when people buy me clothes unless it's something I told them exactly what I wanted. I'm 6'3" 215lbs with a slim muscular build so I am very hard to buy clothes for that fit right so usually when ppl try to surprise me with clothing, it never fits. Even my wife has finally learned to stop trying to buy me clothes that I didn't tell her I wanted. So now she just gives me a gift card for stores I like or she gets me other goodies that I don't have to wear lol! I actually started keeping a small pintrest board with my wishlist so when she has no idea what to get me for a gift for my bday or whatnot, she can just pull something from my list.

Quote Originally Posted by Heritage View Post
    It's on the top end of your price range, but Harley FXRG gear is about as nice as you will find. They are pricey, but a very nice jacket. Removeable liner, waterproof, armor, kidney belt, just really a great overall leather jacket. I've had one for about 10 years, and it is still my favorite riding jacket.
    This is good advice. The other nice thing about them is they have very subdued logo's on them. Mine has embossed logos not big patches and stuff.