Thread: Covers??

Covers??

I know we don't get much traffic but...
    Everyone here has entered Cajun boat parts into eBay and you get a long list of covers. Has anyone purchased one? Cost and what'd ya think?
    William "Bill" Kyte
    Waldorf, MD
    2018 Shenadoah Kerr lake BFL Co-angler Champion

2020 Ranger 520L Evinrude G2 250HO

I have not. Looked several times though. You looking for a travel cover, or just a storage cover? Budget?

I originally had an Aurora custom canvas cover when I first bought the boat that was awesome. The guy that bought the boat from me must have trashed it, and bought a cheap generic polyester cover that was way too baggy. It's the one I modified after I bought the boat back from him. Shown in this post:
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread....ght=BOAT+COVER

I bought some SunPro material, but have not sewn up a new cover yet. Hoping to do that this early winter.

There are lots of on-line stores that sell semi-custom fit covers in a variety of materials from polyester to acrylic (like Sunbrella).

Here's a good website that explains different materials.
    http://www.canvas-boat-cover-and-rep...-material.html

A good fitted cover from some of these online sites will be in the $300 - $400 range... a lot cheaper than most custom made covers you'd get from a local canvas shop. But I would not expect one for our boats bought online to fit like a glove, like a custom made cover would.

3. Member
    I just finished the third cover for my 1991 Cajun. The first one I used Sunbrella, not a good choice. Was not waterproof, and the small dust got in and covered my boat. I had that one off and put in my garden cart, someone stole my cart, cover and all. The second one I used Surlast, that was good for a year and then started leaking, I researched their site and purchased the recommended waterproofing. Sprayed it on and within a week it rotted and came apart. This time I used Weathermax 80, it seems like it might be a good material, I'll see.
    Last edited by 316jughead; 11-13-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    I just finished the third cover for my 1991 Cajun. The first one I used Sunbrella, not a good choice. Was not waterproof, and the small dust got in and covered my boat. I had that one off and put in my garden cart, someone stole my cart, cover and all. The second one I used Surlast, that was good for a year and then started leaking, I researched their site and purchase the recommended waterproofing. Sprayed it on and within a week it rotted and came apart. This time I used Weathermax 80, it seems like it might be a good material, I'll see.
    Are you making your own covers, or are these store bought? Would love to see pics of them!

5. Member
    Yes, making my own covers. I'll get some pics posted.

Waiting for the pics to start...

I bought one from Bass pro shops for about 375.00 bucks. It's pretty good but not tailor made. I couldn't afford that. Leaks a little but not much at all.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CastingCall View Post

Waiting for the pics to start...
    Sorry, I didn't get any pics taken. Back surgery and now the boats in the barn.

Quote Originally Posted by 316jughead View Post
    Sorry, I didn't get any pics taken. Back surgery and now the boats in the barn.
    Get well soon Jug!!!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 65panhed View Post
    Get well soon Jug!!!
    Thanks.