Thread: Talon Wiringas

Talon Wiringas

I just purchased a Talon, is there anyway that I can wire this up on one of my two trolling motor batteries that are looked up in a 24 volt series?
    2002 Basstracker Pro-Team 185xt
    90 HP Tracker by Mercury
    MinnKota Ulltrex 80/45
    HB 858 DI @ Bow
    HB 998 SI @ Console

Yes but why would you want to...trolling motor batteries are constantly losing power due to usage and not being charged until you get home...wiring them to the cranking battery the battery gets a small charge every-time you run the big motor. If your worried about draining your cranking battery using a Talon then it will not be an issue. Many people run two Talons and wire them to the cranking battery and have no issues.

If you want to wire them to your trolling motor batteries you can do so just make sure you make a parallel connection to one battery.

3. Member
    Yes sir. I run 2 Talons with each one wired to a different trolling battery. I have got too much stuff on my cranking battery. If you have good batteries you will never have any issues with this method.
    Rick Collis
    903-473-8820

Will be just fine. I rearranged my poles to a deep cycle each last month. Just don't mix up the wires that are already on it and just add a positive and negative to one battery and repeat.