USA 2001 zx225 prop & jack plate help!

Have a question for all you setup guys;
    I just bought my first skeeter, 2001 zx225, with a 225 yamaha. It came with a 4blade merc prop but was chewed up some and the dealer changed it out to the stock yamaha M25 prop. I still have the 4 blade. So my question is, what's the best prop to run on this boat? I want the top end performance, but also don't want to porpoise uncontrollably. I took the boat out last night and porpoises bad around 35mph. Also, what's the best setup for the jack plate? Thanks in advanced.

2. Banned
    A 25T1 might be your best bet. I have a 26T1 for sale in the prop for sale board; but it might be too much for your setup. T1 is a damn good prop and they are expensive!

4 blades give the best handling, but 3 blades will usually out run them.

3. Member
    25M should be a good prop. You want to turn around 5700-6000 WOT. Tempest Plus is a good prop for the hull. You can probably turn up to a 27p in cooler weather. I have a 25p and 26p Tempest Plus plus a 25M but have a 200. 26p might be a bit much for me, but I have just run it once. Both 25p's are good. I'm running my 25p Tempest at the moment.

Start your prop to pad around 3.5" and go from there.

4. Member
    Skeeters are very trim sensitive at lower speeds always have it trimmed all the way down that will keep it from porpoieing. If at anytime it does porpoise its from trim being to much trim down play with it you will find the sweet spots. The m25 is an ok prop that's what I have on my zx250 would like to get a t1 but I'm to cheep to buy a prop when I have one that works

5. Member
    And congrats on the new boat