what skeeter owners think about Lithium batterys for trolling motor

Okay been a while and sure some of us skeeter owners have switched to lithium batterys for there trolling motor losing a lot of weight back there . So I have a 2021 fxr20 and thinking of getting new batterys for trolling motor and have in the past read that they lost performance in out of the hole and speed from weight change to Lithiums , any truth to this , don't know to go lithiums or stay with wet cell. thanks for any help

2. Member
    2021 ZXR20. Just made the switch from one 31AGM and 3 lead 31s. Now running 4 Ionics. My hole shot is quicker. While I don't normally run wide open, I have a few times simply because of these BBC conversations about performance. I seem to be down 2+/- MPH. No ride or other performance changes that I can tell. While my previous lead batteries were 3 years old and performing well, the difference in the Ultrex power is very apparent... seems to jump a bit more. I'm not concerned about the loss of speed as I'm still a 70+ wide open boat.

3. Member
    I run a ZXR21 with 5 Ionic 125ah batteries. Hole shot is great. Top end is low 70's.

4. Member
    I run a 2022 FXR21 with 4 Lithiums and 1 AGM. I do not know how the boat performed with regular wet cells since I never had them in this boat. To me, the advantages of Lithium batteries far out weighs the possible negatives of not having them. Even if you do loose 1 or 2 MPH, you can run your trolling motor all weekend without a charge.

As far as top end speed, I too do not run wide open very often, but when I do I'm passing other folks so...

Good luck with your decision.

5. Member
    Thanks guys for all your imput , all sound good