Thread: Suzuki 250 SS.

Suzuki 250 SS.

I will be re powering my boat next year and am doing my due diligence. Would consider a Suzuki, what are your thoughts, seems to be a good engine and only knock is that there aren't too many dealers for easy access, thats it. Does that seem right to all of you. Thanks for helping to educate me.

Mr. S.

2. Member
    MR. STRATOS. I HAVE A 250XS RACING DIVISION MOTOR. GREAT MOTOR BUT THE SUKE IS KING OF THE FOUR STROKES. I WAS BORN & RAISED IN SAN DIEGO LIVED IN POINT LOMA ON ATASCADERO DR.

3. Member
    Norris,

I appreciate your comments, I would like to ask you why is "Suke King of the Four Strokes"... not disagreeing, want you to give me the lowdown! :D

4. Member
    I have the 250ss. 210 procraft is my boat. Love the motor. Torque is great.speed is very close to other engines. 6 year warrantee. Quiet,no smoke, good on fuel.only knock is hard to find props.factory switched prop makers and I have been now 8 months or so waiting on an exchange from suzuki.but should be getting it soon. But I love the motor.

You can use all Mercury propellers with the Suzuki propeller insert they have available. The Fury 4 or Bravo might be an excellent propeller on the big 4 stroke.

BCB

6. Member
    Wen my EMM went out on my erudite three weeks ago my local dealer must not have wanted to sell me a motor. $21000 for a suke. Seems dhi since they were only giving me $4k for mine. My engine only has 370 hours on it. Bought them new EMm for a smooth $1975. Ouch.

7. Member
    Mine was about 19k with install. Yep I thought about trying a merc prop but I've got one on order and have one now, so I should be good for a while.

8. Member
    Thanks Procraft! Let me ask you, what year is your ProCraft and how is the weight on the transom?

9. Member
    what is EMM Bigfish?

10. Member
    2000, 210 super pro. It's not bad. You can tell it's a little heavier than the merc, but not too heavy. I think it's about 575lbs. I have seen the 210 carry v rod mercs so I don't worry. My transom is thick composite.

11. Member
    the EMM is the computer controller for an outboard. Either way I looked at it the dealer didn't want to sell me a new motor too bad. And their repairs and my new EMM better be spot on otherwise something's gotta give

My buddy was going to repower his Triton TR20 with a 225 Suzuki 'till he found out it wasn't offered with a 20" shaft....only 25"

13. Member
    deleted
    David Patten
    Automotive and marine technician.

14. Member
    I am thinking only the ss series has a 20

Quote Originally Posted by procraftokie View Post
    I am thinking only the ss series has a 20
    Looks like you can get the 250 ss with a 20" shaft but not offered in a 225. That's all his TR20 is rated for.

16. Member
    Ahh well then no. Too bad, they should offer one.