Good Day On Upper Bay Yesterday

Our last club tnx of the year and going into it I was 1.5 pounds out of second and 20 pounds out of 1st. We launched in HdG and all boats but one ran to the NE. My main goal was to capture 2nd place for the year as 1st was really out of reach. The tide was low and we caught about the last 1.25 hours of the out going. I had a good limit of what turned out to be 19.03 pounds by 8:30 AM. That's when the bite just stopped, the tide stopped and the sun showed it's self. That was a long day after that with a few more fish caught with no help. I really wanted to get rid of the 2+ pounder I had but just couldn't get it done. The one chance I had during the hour flurry was a break off of a 4-5 pounder. It broke the surface just after the break so I got a good look at her. I took lunker as well with a 5.48 LM. The 19.03 bag is a new club record and it feels good to hold it again. I did lose the total year weight club record this year though by almost 1-3/4 pounds to one of the newer members and he had an incredible year with five wins in a row. We had a great year all in all and our members are all a bunch of great guys that all get along very well. I'm looking forward to next year and will do my own thing in the hunt for the top spot once again.

WTG Ratz on a great season!!!!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by tdt91; 11-06-2016 at 11:47 AM.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

Wow!! Great day indeed. I also fished a small club tournament on Saturday out of anchor. I missed that early morning low tide bite and my limit reflected that. I think our first place was 14 and change.

Thats not bad, second place in our club was 12.99. We had 4 limits and they all got them early. I was just on the right fish.

Thanks!
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.