Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Glad you posted a picture of yours.
    Hope some of the other guys post some pictures of theirs as well.

2. Member
    Do you know about how many there on here?

Here is a link to My Aries that died last year - Rich's Bassin' Blog: MFBA Southern Open

It was a great boat to fish from for many years!

Before it died
    Aries.jpg

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwicked Basser View Post
    Do you know about how many there on here?
    Since I became a BBC member in 2010 I think I've talked with 7 or 8 Members that said they had Aries boats. I don't know how many are on here that I've never talked with.

Hate to see some of the issues some of y'all are having with the older ones, but most of any of the older brands with wood in them have had the same issues over the years. I am glad they started making them with composite materials years back like so many other brands.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post
    Here is a link to My Aries that died last year - Rich's Bassin' Blog: MFBA Southern Open

Before it died
    Aries.jpg
    Hate to see that.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HellaBass View Post

Before it died
    Aries.jpg
    I hate that for you but sure wish I had those seats instead of my bench. Maybe a set will make their way into the budget.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Hate to see some of the issues some of y'all are having with the older ones, but most of any of the older brands with wood in them have had the same issues over the years. I am glad they started making them with composite materials years back like so many other brands.
    I'm just glad I caught mine before any serious damage happened. Who knows I might have discovered my next hobby in restoring bass boats. These are some great boats that deserve to be used instead of just letting go to waste. On a side note mine will have a composite transom when I'm done.

8. Member
    Here is mine. Just got it about a month ago. Its a 94
    Attached Images Attached Images

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 944own View Post
    Here is mine. Just got it about a month ago. Its a 94
    Nice looking rig, thanks for posting pictures.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 250bassFL View Post
    Nice looking rig, thanks for posting pictures.
    Thanks I like it so far. I have not had a boat in 2 years and am happy to have a boat again. It is extremely clean for a 94. I put 2 new batteries for the trolling motor in it and a new onboard charger. It has a nice 80lb motorguide and I put a lowrance lms527 on it. The only thing that would make it look perfect is the driver side of the bench seat is coming apart at the top of it. I have duck taped it for now LOL. I am thinking about getting it recovered and the boat would look perfect. What should it cost to get that bench seat recovered.

11. Member
    What should it cost to get that bench seat recovered.
    General Bassboat Topics Post that question in there, and maybe someone can help you out with that info.

12. Member
    Dang that's a clean lookin boat. That is the same exact color scheme I was thinking about going with when I start putting mine back together. Was thinking white with a small amount of red flake and then red flake stripes. Looks like your boat has been babied good find.

13. Member
    944 whats the set up on your boat and what numbers are you getting out of it? Also will you post close up pics of your wind screen I made mine, but it's much taller and I like the low profile of yours.

14. Member
    Honestly im a bit of a noob when it comes to you asking my setup. The 2 boats I have had in the past was a old 14ft boat with a 50 on it and a ski boat. The boat has a 97 xr4 blackmax 150 and I got it up to 62 on the gps. I was not all the way at wot and was not trimmed all the way out so I am gonna guess top speed close to 70 but it is as fast as I desire to go. Here are some pics of the windshield. I have no idea if it is factory or not. It was that way when I got it.

15. Member
    Here is a pic of the prop if that helps. My friend said I should raise the motor on the jackplate for more speed but it is plenty fast enough for me.

16. Member
    62 is great for a one fidy. Just take your time on getting more speed from it and only make adjustments once you are comfortable with what you got now. Mine has run 62 once and it drove like a dream when it did. Once I get mine all back together I'm going to start testing props and hopefully have it in the mid 60's on a regular basis. If you can the weekend of the 19th come to Pickwick for the mid south rally I'd love to see your boat.

17. Member
    Does anyone have a good idea what these older Aries weigh? I've heard anywhere from 950lbs up to 1700 which I doubt after seeing how thin the sides of the hull and cap are. Despite how thin it is there are very few stress cracks in it compared to a lot of the cookie cutters I've been around.

18. Member
    I have nothing to confirm this. But I think I seen, or was told, my Aries Ram 2100 DC was 1360. I just dug through my paperwork and couldn't find anything with the weight on it though.
    I did see online one time where it said a Aries Ram 200 had a dry weight of 1050. But with the wood used in the older ones, I don't know. I'm figuring the composite material would be lighter, but I wouldn't honestly know.

Here are some pics of the windshield. I have no idea if it is factory or not. It was that way when I got it.
    Looks like what I remember my Dad's & my windshield looking like, so I think that is factory

20. Member
    I thought maybe it was. I took that stupid rod holder off today and installed these bungee type holders. I think me and my friend are gonna try to cut the deck and set the trolling motor foot petal down in the deck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast