Thread: No title

Banned

No title

I have a 95 20 foot Astro I bought for the motor, went through a divorce, and there I can't find the title. Ex is of zero use. I want this gone from my property. I'd like to get 500 for it. Is that possible?
    Boat has a bad transom, needs carpets, seats, and gel work.

2. Member
    in some states its illegal to sell a vehicle/boat without a title..

3. Banned
    If it doest sell, I'll take it to the landfill, and sell the trailer for 500 as homemade

File for a lost title.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

5. Banned
    Problem is, I'm in New York. I have a friend in Virginia I sent down to Raleigh NC to pick it up. He brought it back up for me 4 years ago. Went through divorce. I had the title for my Champion I put it in my dad's name. She thought she had it, but she had the b title for the Astro. There's no speaking terms either. It's worth 500 to someone.

6. Member
    No that I know anything about such things. Some states especially northeastern ones only require a bill of sale. Cough cough.

7. Member
    Hey just food for thought, Vermont has a law that allows you to register pretty much anything but a car by a bill of sale as long as it's 15 years or older. I did it with my champion because the previous owner screwed me and never sent me the title, they will just issue you a transferable registration. You could then transfer that to whate very state you'd like and if that state issues titles for boats then proceed to obtain a title.

8. Member
    Donate it to a local charity. Usually one of the charities will take it a either restore it or scrap/part it out.

9. Banned
    IF you still have the registration numbers on the side of the boat, getting a lost title will be no problem ... simple paperwork....

or hope it doesn't "catch on fire" so you won't be forced to claim it on your home owners insurance.....

In South Carolina if you loss your title you can call the DNR office and they will mail you one for like $5.00
    Basshawk Restore
    89 Basshawk 181Xl
    91 Jonhson 175 Fast Strike