Banned

Recommendations 2002 ELPT

Hey all, I just picked up Nitro with a 2002 Mercury 90 HP ELPT 4 stroke and it runs like a champ. Anyway, I'd like to change the fluids in it but it didn't come with an owner's manual. I know to Merc/Quicksilver brand but not sure of weights/capacities or if i should use synthetic. Serial # is 0T562954
    Thanks

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    25W40 FCW Rated Marine Engine (NON-Synthetic) Oil, Mercury or Quicksilver Filter. Synthetic BLEND oil is acceptable also (but not required). Capacity is printed on a decal near the oil cap.

Mercury or Quicksilver High-Performance Gear Lube.

Mercury Service Manual (specific to your engine) would be an EXCELLENT investment.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Banned
    Thank you,and yes, I will be picking up a manual

4. Banned
    With regards to the motor oil, it seems the 10w-30 has a wider temperature range. I'm up here in Pacific Northwest and while I don't plan on running it much(if any) any issues with running that instead of 25W40?

5. Banned
    Sorry, I meant to say I don't plan on running it much(if any) in the winter

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    You could run the 10W30 (still needs to be the same FCW Marine-Rated oil, however).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor