Thread: 2017 Nitro Z17

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Actually the option list is far beyond anything they have ever offered on a glass bass boat of this size. For most customers going with this boat they can put together a tournament ready rig for under $30. As time goes on the option list will probably grow as demand warrants. It's a great start for for a new model in the 17 foot class.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danfromwindsor View Post
    Not impressed by their options list. No jp option,no tm option except a MG X3,no 9" graphs,no lighted storage option etc etc. Wheres all the options this boat was suppose to be available with that was hyped earlier in this thread??? Cheap trailer too btw,no step pads,no bow step. What a disappointing turn. Not sure why Nitro chose to go backwards on the trailer instead of forwards with perhaps a fiberglass single axle option with led and backup lights or even just a trailer like the Z6 had with diamond tread steppads upgraded with led lights. The center seat costs over 400 extra! So far the bad seems to outweigh the good. The only improvements seem to be the removable console option,the larger front deck storage lids with lift assist and larger graphs can be flush mounted at console and bow. I was hoping to see a padded deck option,lighted storage option,minn kota fortrex or ultrex option,at least 9" graphs as an option,stereo option,etc etc. Idk maybe there is a hidden option list somewhere lol. Maybe it was too much to hope for that they would offer "big boat" options for those who preferred or needed a "small boat".
    Let's be honest and realistic here, it is an slightly upgraded Z6- it was never going to have all those options. Just wishful thinking on your part.

3. Member
    Totally different hull design from Z6. Larger fuel tank, longer rod storage, new livewell system, much larger cooler space, 16 degree deadrise instead of the Z6 12 degree and heavier than a Z6. At this point there are 25 factory options available for the Z17, not counting trailer options. Why the negativity?

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by squarebilljunkie View Post
    Totally different hull design from Z6. Larger fuel tank, longer rod storage, new livewell system, much larger cooler space, 16 degree deadrise instead of the Z6 12 degree and heavier than a Z6. At this point there are 25 factory options available for the Z17, not counting trailer options. Why the negativity?
    Just seemed a lot of hype about a big option list. Maybe the list will grow idk. I think it has potential to bring "small" (when I was a kid these size boats were big boats lol) back into mainstream. With boat prices reaching astronomical levels,a boat this size and price appeals to those on a tighter budget such as myself. Yet just because we are on a budget doesnt mean we dont want options such as a jackplate,nicer trolling motor,interior lighting etc. The one thing that for me is a huge negative though is the trailer with its lack of step pads,no led lighting,no option for front step. Would have thought they would have at least kept the steppads since the Z6 had them. Sure makes getting in the boat while its trailered much easier. Ideally if I could order what I wanted on this boat Id option interior lighting,an ultrex tm,9"graphs bow and console,padded deck,jack plate,twin talons,aluminum wheels,front trailer steps,and led lighting. Im gonna keep an eye on their website.
    2005 Tracker PT175
    1987 Ranger 373V Bassmasters Classic

5. Member

Its in a foreign language but you get an up close look at things. He even gets in the port rod locker and closes the lid to demonstrate its size.
    2005 Tracker PT175

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by danfromwindsor View Post
    Just seemed a lot of hype about a big option list. Maybe the list will grow idk. I think it has potential to bring "small" (when I was a kid these size boats were big boats lol) back into mainstream. With boat prices reaching astronomical levels,a boat this size and price appeals to those on a tighter budget such as myself. Yet just because we are on a budget doesnt mean we dont want options such as a jackplate,nicer trolling motor,interior lighting etc. The one thing that for me is a huge negative though is the trailer with its lack of step pads,no led lighting,no option for front step. Would have thought they would have at least kept the steppads since the Z6 had them. Sure makes getting in the boat while its trailered much easier. Ideally if I could order what I wanted on this boat Id option interior lighting,an ultrex tm,9"graphs bow and console,padded deck,jack plate,twin talons,aluminum wheels,front trailer steps,and led lighting. Im gonna keep an eye on their website.
    if you're on a budget, then its best to do those upgrades on your own anyways, rather than pay the full MSRP for it when purchasing the boat.
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tgrife View Post
    if you're on a budget, then its best to do those upgrades on your own anyways, rather than pay the full MSRP for it when purchasing the boat.
    See thats the attitude about smaller rigs and those who buy them that I dont understand. Budget dont mean I cant get the options when buying,it means I prefer to go smaller and spend the money saved on options rather than buy bigger and have to wait for options. Idk maybe Im spoiled by expecting to have the same options on smaller boats as bigger boats. They could take a page from Phoenix where all their boats can be optioned with the same options with few exceptions. Then again they load their boats up with options as standard equipment. Now if they would build their own 17.5ft boat lol.
    2005 Tracker PT175

I thought he was saying you can save money on options.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BMCD View Post
    I thought he was saying you can save money on options.
    That's exactly what I was saying. And youre the one who said you were on a "tighter budget".
    "CATCH EM, PUT EM BACK, CATCH EM AGAIN, PUT EM BACK AGAIN, REPEAT!!"

TGCustomRods@gmail.com

Sponsors:
    My WIFE
    My Wallet

10. Member

Not a bad review at all
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

Anyone seen one in person yet? I haven't...
    Been fishin' since I was 5 years old...Thanks Grandpa!

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by avidbasser View Post
    Anyone seen one in person yet? I haven't...
    Nope. Not even in Springfield Bass Pro
    2005 Tracker PT175

I hate the windscreens! They look like some transformers battle shield.
    Im glad Tracker changed the high back seats those things looked like airplane seats,

How many rods can realistically fit in the z6/z17 without being a PITA to get out?

16. Member
    Nitros inventory tracker now says there is a whopping 2 Z17's in Missouri lol. One in Springfield and one in St Louis
    2005 Tracker PT175

17. Member
    They've got one here in auburn NY. Nice looking boat, I'd get one.
    2008 Tracker PT 190
    2015 Merc 90HP 4stroke, 19P Spitfire X7 44-45mph
    Lowrance Elite Ti7
    Minnkota Powerdrive V2 iPilot

18. Member
    We've got one in the Round Rock,TX store. Awesome little boat. Completely new from the hull up. Much improved over the Z6. The cockpit is huge. I'm 5'10" and have my legs stretched almost all the way out to touch the foot rests at the driver's seat, plenty of room for a hot foot if you wanted one. If it were between this and the Tracker 195 I think I'd buy this one. The 195 is a little longer but the Z17 has more storage and the biggest thing is how it sits in the water compared to the 195. 195 is really bow high and if you put a PP or a Talon it sits even higher, the Z17 is almost flat. The one thing I don't like and this is just a personal preference is the black windshields on all of the Z series. On the Z17, from the cockpit you cant see the bow,Id prefer smoke instead of black.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim110 View Post
    We've got one in the Round Rock,TX store. Awesome little boat. Completely new from the hull up. Much improved over the Z6. The cockpit is huge. I'm 5'10" and have my legs stretched almost all the way out to touch the foot rests at the driver's seat, plenty of room for a hot foot if you wanted one. If it were between this and the Tracker 195 I think I'd buy this one. The 195 is a little longer but the Z17 has more storage and the biggest thing is how it sits in the water compared to the 195. 195 is really bow high and if you put a PP or a Talon it sits even higher, the Z17 is almost flat. The one thing I don't like and this is just a personal preference is the black windshields on all of the Z series. On the Z17, from the cockpit you cant see the bow,Id prefer smoke instead of black.
    Yeah it definitely gets my vote over the 195. It may not be as fast but I think fishability is better with its lower profile. Id like to see one in person. Even though Im not a fan of the trailer I like 90% of the rest of the boat lol. Anyone know if they are gonna offer a jackplate? Might help get a few more mph and if wanted you could add poles. Their website option list is pitiful imho but surely its actually bigger and they just dont have the full list online for some reason.
    2005 Tracker PT175

20. Member
    Sooner or later someone here is bound to buy one so we can get some first hand reports lol. Boattest.com only tested with the standard 115 proxs fourstroke but Im wondering what kind of numbers the command thrust would put up turning a larger prop.
    2005 Tracker PT175

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast