Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    Of course now you have to do it with real money. And it's a little more difficult with real time data
    Thanos was the hero

Congratulations to Haftafish22! He is our big winner with an astonishing 141.25% increase. Boneil1 had a solid 14% increase for second place. 200XP came in third with a 7.27% increase. Well done guys. It was fun doing this. I learned a lot and now have a few more options to use at the real deal. Thanks for all that played along. Happy New Year!

3. Member
    Is anyone going to share how they made their money in the challenge? 141% is phenomenal, however 14% and 7% are both respectable. I'm curious as to what you invested in and your reasoning behind your choice, not only the successful trades, but also the ones that didn't workout.

4. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    I played the people. Learned that shorting market hype was easy. I looked for the biggest gainer of the day around 10:00 every morning. I would do some quick research on why it bounced, and if it was bs, I shorted it. Tried real hard to find the best entry point, so I watched macd and rsi. Most stocks that went +70 on rsi in pre market and stayed till 10 would come back down. The macd crossover on the 30 minute was almost guaranteed. And the shorter the chart i.e. 5 min chart crossover, the more risk. If something I shorted turned hard the opposite way, I would cover my short and buy. There was a few other things I looked at, but the jest of it. Also, it was fake money, I went all in, or as much as the game allowed on every buy or short. Keep an extremely close eye on the charts and cover when necessary. Can't be scared to lose 2-10k playing like that, but I had days where 20k profits were decent

That's pretty slick. Well done!

6. Derek McCullough
    I figured out half way through the delay from real time could make or break that game too. If you knew how to play the delay you could win with out knowing squat other than watching what was happening real time. My stupid oil short killed me otherwise I would have done well.

I agree Derek. The delay was worse than I thought initially. Even after switching it over to real time, it still had a ~7 minute delay.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678