Thread: Power Pole Slap

BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar

Power Pole Slap

Are any of you having any issues with the fiberglass rod on the powerpoles slapping in turns and at low speeds? Im running Broadhead Spike hit from HydrilliaGear,
    Hate to cut off the spikes but Im getting the Blades Hydrodipped and dont wont to ruin the new finish
    these are 10' Blades
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

2. Member
    Mine does it too when turning
    01 Charger 395
    2000 Yamaha OX66 225
    Black 10' Blade
    Garmin 106 and 93sv console
    Garmin 126 and 93sv bow with livescope
    FX Custom Rods pro staff

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Drewtick,

It looks to me like those lower bolts could be tightened some. This will snug the u-channels up and should help.

The other thing it could be is water hitting the u-channel and/or spike causing the spike to pulled out and repeatedly slap back against the spike pocket. This would be caused by the adapter brackets being set too low or not having the required rise for your boat.
    What model boat/jackplate/adpater plate do you have? A picture would help if you are unsure. You can email me directly with the picture or information if you'd like. branden@power-pole.com

Regardless of what is causing it, we'll do our best to take care of it for you.

4. BBC SPONSOR / PHOENIX MOD DREWTICK's Avatar
    Thanks Branden, I sent you an email
    Drewcraft Specializes in Lithium Batteries and Chargers, We carry all Brands of Trolling Motors and Graphs, Minnkota, Lowrance, Garmin, Motorguide
    910-722-0001 call or text
    info@drewcraft.com

How about adding some wether seal material right in that area of the channel, I may do that this winter myself

So after I loosened my top knuckle the poles closed all the way. Tadah moment. But out of boredom I found four o-rings I'm my kit that I rolled onto the spike1.5" up and another 1.5" above that on each pole and for me not spiking mud the rest of the year I set they stay and they definitely snug it all together. I may like this so much I'll use tiny zip ties to hold them in position when I am in the mud next year. I'm fishing 20' deep now for muskies and use drift paddles or just the blade to slow my drift.

7. Member
    They all slap in turns
    2009 Z8 -2013 250 PRO XS-Dual 10' Power Pole Blades-Humminbird 1198,1197,998-MG 109-