Options for Dewiler hyd jack plate

I have a 2012 Bass Cat Puma with a Dewiler jack plate. Are there any options other than the sandwich mount. I have seen one of these mounts ans do not care for it. I have heard also that it voids Mercury warr. I believe I would prefer power pole over talons but if talons have a better mount I may be interested. The main reason for not wanting talons is due to the rumors of being careful pulling them up with debris on them. I mainly fish tidal rivers so all the bottom is sloppy swamp like mud and sand. Any suggestions? I do want either 10' poles or 12 foot talons if that makes a difference. If anyone could give some insight it would be greatly appreciated.
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx
    250 Pro xs 4S Serial # 3B010758

I can tell you that i fish alot on Okeechobee, and i fish in the sloppiest nastiest muck there is and no problems. I leave the talon on soft bottom all the time. I do rinse it out after use.
    2008 Ranger 178VX
    150 Yamaha V-max

GO Fins!!!

3. Member
    Thanks, do you know if using talons require a sandwichoint for the dewiler JP
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

4. Member
    Jinxbass, you ever figure out an answer to your question? I'm in the same boat (literally) trying to decide between and sandwich or drilling the plate up near the boat for the side mount. I've seen both done.

5. Member
    how much setback do you have with the jackplate . I have a detwiler also. was hoping I didn't have to use sandwich mounts

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    Thanks, do you know if using talons require a sandwichoint for the dewiler JP
    JINX, I have the sandwich brackets on my '06 BC Puma with a Detweiler JP and it will set the motor back another 1". I haven't noticed any drop in performance, but I don't drive full throttle either.
    2018 Bass Cat Lynx w/Suzuki 250SS.

7. Member
    Very valid point. Never thought of that. Thanks
    Roger Jenks Jr
    2021 Bass Cat Lynx

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JINXBASS View Post
    I have a 2012 Bass Cat Puma with a Dewiler jack plate. Are there any options other than the sandwich mount. I have seen one of these mounts ans do not care for it. I have heard also that it voids Mercury warr. I believe I would prefer power pole over talons but if talons have a better mount I may be interested. The main reason for not wanting talons is due to the rumors of being careful pulling them up with debris on them. I mainly fish tidal rivers so all the bottom is sloppy swamp like mud and sand. Any suggestions? I do want either 10' poles or 12 foot talons if that makes a difference. If anyone could give some insight it would be greatly appreciated.
    Roger the sandwich style mount Power Pole offers WILL NOT void your mercury warranty. Power Pole has worked with Mercury and has developed a Mercury approved application. The Power Pole adapter plate is small and compact and will mount between the motor and the jack plate providing a small footprint for a side mount application. You then have a bracket which mounts to the side. Even with these 2 Power Pole brackets you will be lighter and more compact than a Minn-kota adapter plate. Or if you would like to send me pictures of your current jack plate I can see if you can fit a Power Pole side mount directly to it. Text to 954-917-0634.

Best Regards

Rich