Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had the same issue both right side up and up side down. what works for me is not shoving the pump all the way in the boat. If left half out where there is a little air space around it keeps it from blowing back

2. Member
    after 7 years of having gas blow back on my 2011 z8 i put some paper towels from the windshield cleaner stand at the pump over the nozzle while im pumping and lo and behold no more blow back. works for me dont know about any others

3. Member
    Had a boat that did the same thing. So I took the vent line after trying a few things to fix it. I end up cutting a tee inline with a ball value on the bull of the tee and opened it every time I filled up. Worked great after adding the tee

4. Member
    Howard

This is what I installed a few years ago on my 2011 Z8 - pretty much solved the fuel belching issue. The only issue I have found is that with a few pumps you can't go "full speed" - but to me that is better than wasting money on fuel hitting the ground.

Easy install but the fuel tank line requires a little muscle when wrestling it around. The line itself cuts very easily with a sharp razor knife (new blade) - there is a wire inside the line so it does require pliers/wire snips.

The multiple clamps seemed a little extreme but there were 2 clamps on the line at the tank, so I just reproduced that for each junction - and a dollar each it really isn't a big deal.

Good Luck.

-Jonathan

Attwood Inlet Control Valve
    Attwood Corporation Inlet Control Valve
    Price: $33.38

Inlet Control Valve

• The inlet valve allows proper fuel flow into the fuel tank during refueling
    • As the fuel tank reaches full liquid capacity, the inlet valve works in conjunction with the fill limit vent valve to ensure zero spitback/wellback and automatic nozzle shutoff
    • Supports 4-18gpm refueling rates
    • Built-in over-fill and over-pressure relief safety features when used in an Attwood system
    • 2 year warranty

Jonathan Adkins
    2022 Nitro Z21xl 250 ProXS4S
    HDSLive12s/Ghost/AT2/G360

5. Member
    Interesting. If I keep the boat for another year I may look into doing this. I’ve finally got it figured out where I keep the handle upside down and halfway out the inlet it seems to work. I still can’t put where it’ll pump on the first notch on the nozzle. Just takes FOREVER if I’m filling it up and having to stand there and hold it
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12