Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Xpress Boats Moderator

Went off the deep end today, and bought me another ride.

After seeing an add on Craigslist from H.D. Of Tulsa I gave them a call earlier this week and spoke to a salesman by the name of Blake. He was a very nice guy to talk to over the phone, and told me what I wanted to know. Well I thought i'd hold off till spring and he calls me back this morning and asks me if I was coming over today to check it out. I told him it was my second choice of colors, and I thought i'd wait till spring and get my first choice of colors. He shot me a deal I couldn't turn down, so I drive over and looked it over, and got all the paperwork done on it today. I'll go back next Saturday with a trailer to haul it home. It's a new '16 Wide Glide with a 103 motor.

2. Member
    Nice scoot. One of my favorites. I ride a Fat Bob now but will likely be in a Wide Glide next go aground. Enjoy it and be safe.

3. Skeeter Boats/Missouri Club Moderator Rodney Bledsoe's Avatar
    Sweet looking bike

Nice looking ride !

Quote Originally Posted by xpress spanky View Post
    I'll go back next Saturday with a trailer to haul it home.
    That's not funny.

Nice ride!
    Alan
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

Gorgeous looking bike. Did they upgrade it to a Screamin Eagle package for you? The pic on the showroom floor has the 103 air filter and the ones outside has the SE air box.

7. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Sharp bike... Enjoy it, Mike.
    Who controls John Gill?

8. Member
    Great looking bike but I hate they put the wide glide name on it. Looks nothing like a wide glide. Still great looking bike.

9. Member
    Very sweet ride man........better hope those pipes are not to loud... bunch of potato haters over in the lounge looking for a hog pile.....sweeeeet!!

10. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Thanks guys! One of my buddies drove me over, and I rode it home yesterday 106 miles, and then went riding today and have racked up a little over 250 miles this weekend. With the 6 speed it cruises on the turnpike at 75-80 without even straining.

Nice, one of my favorites.

2015 Ranger Z119c / 2015 Merc 225 Pro X​S

12. Member
    Nice!

13. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Well since I got it a little over a month ago, I did a few things to it. First I got rid of the reflectors on the forks and rear fender struts, I then added a set of Vance and Hines Big radius 2 into 2 pipes, and got it tuned.

14. Member
    Pipes look good man...

15. Team Catfish Original hatcreek's Avatar
    Even better.
    Who controls John Gill?

16. Member
    Nice ride! Love those pipes.

Like the pipes, they look good. You going to get rid of the bar over the rear fender?

18. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    Like the pipes, they look good. You going to get rid of the bar over the rear fender?
    Thanks guys, and nope I'm going to keep the little bar on it. I am one of the oddballs that like it, and it makes me lift my leg high enough when I get on that I don't scratch the fender. I have also added a few more things since my last post.

Arlen Ness pegs, grips, and shift peg.

A heated Corbin solo seat.

And bought a new Redline 1500lb lift for it and my lawnmowers.

I also added a pair of Ohlins 762 rear shocks that made a world of difference in the ride on the rear, and will be doing their NIX22 fork upgrade later this month

I also have a set of Heat Demon grip heaters for it that should be here Monday.

What was the fork upgrade you mentioned? That seat looks like it will be nice on long rides...

20. Xpress Boats Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cape cod basser View Post
    What was the fork upgrade you mentioned? That seat looks like it will be nice on long rides...
    Pat, the fork upgrade from Ohlins in simple terms is you take everything out of the inside of your stock forks and throw it in the trash and then you put in their "hybrid" cartridge system. Their "hybrid" cartridge system consist of one tube that does the rebound damping, and the other tube that does the compression dampening. Both tubes are adjustable for preload. They also send the springs that are rated for the weight of the bike, rider, and any additional weight you NORMALLY carry. Other wise you can dial in a little more preload when you add some weight like a passenger. The 762's I put on the back are preload and rebound adjustable only. No compression adjustment. They built them to my bike weight with my weight added, and then set the preload which was spot on when I measured free sag and normal ride height. Free sag is the measurement the suspension compresses from the bikes own weight. Normal ride height is how much it compresses with the normal weight and rider. Once you get all this set up, you won't believe the difference in ride and handling. Harley uses 1940's technology in their forks, and not much better in their shocks. Ohlins is as good as you'll get when it come to suspension, and they are pretty pricey. My rear shocks are like 2/3rds their best units they make, and you can spend another $600 for their fully adjustable piggy back shocks which are not needed unless your really going to push the limits on handling. The 762's were $850 where I got them from, and most places are closer to $1000. Here is a link to their website, and the Wide Glide happens to be one of the only ones they do forks on besides Sportsters at the current time. Oh, and the seat is very comfortable. I was not sure about spending the money they wanted, but after I got it i'll say it's the most comfortable seat on a bike I ever had and would buy another Corbin in a second. They say it takes like 2000 miles to break the seat in, and it conforms to you. I'll put it like this, it seems pretty firm when you first take off on a ride, and then after just a very few miles it feels like your butt just sinks into it for a perfect fit that you'll get with no other seat. I thought my factory seat was pretty comfortable, but I liked the idea of a seat heater and leather so I tried it, and glad I did.

https://www.ohlins.com/product/nix-22-harley-davidson/
    Last edited by xpress spanky; 02-17-2017 at 07:37 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast