Navigating Swan Creek

I used to fish Swan Creek a lot in the past. Getting there via Havre de Grace as well as from the south channel. How has been been running through there? There used to be channel markers from Havre de Grace, are they still there? Is there decent depth to run it? Are there any new sunken hazards out there?
    Phoenix 921ProXP Mercury 250 ProXS

2. Upper Chesapeake Bay Club Moderator RiverRatMD's Avatar
    not much has changed as far as navigation....going up the back channel same as always....coming from the bay is pretty much unchanged. Once in up in the swan creek area not much change there either....there's a tree here and there in the coves shallow.....some new trees have fallen......the creek in the back...same deal (little "S" move through the middle to get in....(the pilings can still be hit over by the island in the mouth)
    Gambler 2200 / PRoCraft 180 / Roughneck Jet / Mercury 250XB, 175 / Evinrude 50

Good to hear. Thanks.
    But my plan to fish today abruptly came to a halt when some stomach virus hit me 1/2 mile from Anchor. Had to pull off the road at West Marine and, well...not a pretty thing. My partner took the wheel and drive all the way back to NJ.
    I guess there's a first time for everything.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRatMD View Post
    not much has changed as far as navigation....going up the back channel same as always....coming from the bay is pretty much unchanged. Once in up in the swan creek area not much change there either....there's a tree here and there in the coves shallow.....some new trees have fallen......the creek in the back...same deal (little "S" move through the middle to get in....(the pilings can still be hit over by the island in the mouth)
    Where are the pilings at?

5. Scraps
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDrew View Post
    Good to hear. Thanks.
    But my plan to fish today abruptly came to a halt when some stomach virus hit me 1/2 mile from Anchor. Had to pull off the road at West Marine and, well...not a pretty thing. My partner took the wheel and drive all the way back to NJ.
    I guess there's a first time for everything.
    This was God's way of telling you, "You're going to hit something in Swan Creek."
    2017 Phoenix 819
    2016 200ProXS, s/n 2B359849, Mod 1200P73BD

Lol! Yeah, I was thinking it was we were going to zero. I'll count my blessings.