Thread: Turn Signals

View Poll Results: When changing lanes what does your turn signal use mean to you?

Voters
123. You may not vote on this poll
  • Warning of intenet to change lanes. 4-5 blinks and I'm changing lanes.

105 85.37%
  • Asking other motorists. "May i change lanes".

18 14.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by born 2 fish View Post
    I use my signal all the time except when I jump in front of a tanker truck than I just whip over and slam on my breaks
    you and everybody else

2. Member
    I use mine all the time. Even been known to click the blinker on during a sharp curve in the road. Not sure why the hell I do that.

Intimidator / 225 Merc.

I always use them when in town or heavy traffic. Now if I'm out on the interstate and their is plenty of room between vehicles I don't always use them but I also don't just cut right in front of people either. I used to drive a log truck and remember how I felt when people would do that to me.
    Live Hard, Fish Harder!

4. Member
    As other drivers drive, I am wondering if turn signals are an option now on cars instead of standard. I will always let someone in if they just will let me know what they want. I think its safer that way.

5. Airborne-Infantry bassnman81's Avatar
    The way I look at it is if one doesn't use a turn signal it's because they can't figure out their right from their left.

Lake Norman, N.C.
    2000 R-81 Ranger, 2016 175 Pro-XS
    Disabled American Veteran, Life Member
    Vietnam Veterans of America, Life Member
    An Khe Vietnam, 66-67

I've come to realize many people struggle with multi-tasking. It's difficult for some to text, eat, apply make-up, talk to others in the vehicle, whatever, AND use a turn signal. Why would you want to waste time actually driving when you're behind the wheel of a car?
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Use them to signal that you're GETTING OUT OF THE PASSING LANE !

8. Member
    I don't like to use turn signals. If I see a cop I do, but the fuzz can actually issue a citation if you change lanes without using them or make a turn. Even if there's nobody around to see them.
    The biggest reason I don't like them is many many people think if they use their turn signal, it gives them the right to take your lane.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I don't like to use turn signals. If I see a cop I do, but the fuzz can actually issue a citation if you change lanes without using them or make a turn. Even if there's nobody around to see them.
    The biggest reason I don't like them is many many people think if they use their turn signal, it gives them the right to take your lane.
    I agree on they think it's an "automatic right to cut in front of you." Not good...

Down here near Orlando, the road rage is bad. People do not care about turn signals - whether you use them or not.
    I guarantee the main 'culture' down here is different than most other parts of the country. I use turn signals. Many down here do not use them. My hopes are that I'll have less a chance getting shot at and may prevent an accident. Too bad "improper lane changes" are never enforced in this area. Seems law enforcement only show up after the wreck...
    Last edited by Joe20Toon; 04-10-2017 at 12:46 PM. Reason: added text

10. Banned
    DDUUHHH>> If YOU just use yours... and drive safely.. gaurd your vehicle/boay like everyone is out to hit it... and then you will be fine... YOU are not responsible for the other idiots....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123