Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    You do know this thread was started in 2016 don't you?

2. Member
    What happened to the McCain Rods?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    The guy that started All-Star now has McCain rods.

http://www.mccainfishing.com/about.html
    Just read an article that said business was closed.

4. Member
    I buy and sell at fishing flea markets. Last Saturday I was selling, parctically giving stuff away had an U S made All Star 7 foot one piece rod for $20.00. Well, this guy picks it up and offers me $15. I told him no, he put it back. Normally I would and I did lose $ on some but there's a limit, and he hit it.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I buy and sell at fishing flea markets. Last Saturday I was selling, parctically giving stuff away had an U S made All Star 7 foot one piece rod for $20.00. Well, this guy picks it up and offers me $15. I told him no, he put it back. Normally I would and I did lose $ on some but there's a limit, and he hit it.
    I know what you mean. Many years ago we had a big garage sale (my last one as a matter of fact). We had one of those old countertop microwave ovens I had marked for $65. A lady says she'll give me $50 for it if it works. I assured her that it did indeed work. She wanted to see it working ....so I got to go hunt down an extension cord long enough to get out to the card table in the driveway way with the oven on....string it out and then she wants to see if it will boil a cup of water....back in the house I go for a pyrex measuring cup to boil water in...it boiled. She says, would you take $45 for it? I said, "now that I know how good it works I want $100 and not a penny less". Of course she blew her top and started yakking about "false advertising"....at a garage sale . I told her to GIT OUT and go waste someone else's time.

I sold it a little later for $65.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

Another vote for the Titanium’s here! Still have them and use some of the medium action ones for some things. They really were a great rod and it sucked to see them get bought out.

7. Member
    I caught a ton of bass on All Star rods back in the day. I especially liked the 6-10 SJ1. Great jig and spinnerbait rod.

Quote Originally Posted by davesz518 View Post
    Just read an article that said business was closed.

I am not 100% sure but they might be reopened now.

9. Member
    An 8 year old post. Other than taxidermy I wonder what the record for resurrection is?

in the late 90's I used to like the TX38's made by allstar not too expensive and great rods.......

11. Member
    just found a 7' glass CB rod from dads collection
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123