Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Displaying water pressure with Lowrance Engine Interface- 2011 250 SHO?

Guys,

I installed the Lowrance Engine Interface cable on my 250 SHO this summer. Wondering how I can display water pressure on my HDS 12 GEN 3. When I go to the page with the gauges, I see Boost, Oil Pressue, Trim, etc but I dont see anything called "water pressure"???? Do I need a separate sensor installed on motor?
    2012 Z521, Yamaha 250 SHO
    SOLD-1998 Ranger 519DVS, Mercury 225 EFI
    Semper Fi

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sugelle View Post
    Guys,

I installed the Lowrance Engine Interface cable on my 250 SHO this summer. Wondering how I can display water pressure on my HDS 12 GEN 3. When I go to the page with the gauges, I see Boost, Oil Pressue, Trim, etc but I dont see anything called "water pressure"???? Do I need a separate sensor installed on motor?
    I think there is one more item that you have to hook to your Nema 2000. I did it on my 2012 SHO but cant remember. Google it on Lowrance.

3. Banned
    Yes, an optional sensor needs to be added to the motor so that water pressure data gets sent to the ECU, to the Yamaha Command Link network, to the NMEA 2000 network and on to the MFD.

4. Member
    I found my post in 2012 The part # is 69J-8A4L0-11-00. Easy to install. Go back to my post. A member had given me information and pictures. I do not know how to copy.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Ranger View Post
    I found my post in 2012 The part # is 69J-8A4L0-11-00. Easy to install. Go back to my post. A member had given me information and pictures. I do not know how to copy.
    The name of my post was Read Waterpressure on HDS units thru Nema 2000
    It was started on 8/7/2012

6. Member
    OK Thanks!
    Semper Fi

7. Member
    Does this new sender plug in to the existing wiring harness? Really interested in doing this as I use my boat year round and have had to replace several gauges in the past

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 07SkeeterZX225 View Post
    Does this new sender plug in to the existing wiring harness? Really interested in doing this as I use my boat year round and have had to replace several gauges in the past
    Nope. A connector in the existing wire harness plugs into the new sensor.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ARK Ranger View Post
    The name of my post was Read Waterpressure on HDS units thru Nema 2000
    It was started on 8/7/2012
    Guess I'm blind buddy.....I searched and could not find your post on this topic.
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    I clicked on my name on this topic and it only went back 494 posts. When I click my name at the top of the page it goes back more. I think I found out how to email. Give me your email and i will try sending it to you.

11. Member
    Ordered mine Wednesday and got it today. Took about 5 minutes to install and a few more to set it on the data screen if the Lowrance. Will be nice not having to worry about a frozen water pressure gauge this winter!

12. Member
    So all I need is the yamaha water sensor kit? it will feed into ecu and become available via nema for me to configure and display on my lowrance unit?
    Semper Fi

13. Member
    So all I need is the yamaha water sensor kit? it will feed into ecu and become available via nema for me to configure and display on my lowrance unit?
    Yes, exactly

14. Member
    Desy this sensor replace the existing with the tubing to the dash gauge? Or simply and add on to the existing? I.e. Is it dash gauge OR HDS? Or can I see both? Thanks for the great info, thought I read when I hooked up my NEMA cable it was HDS or dash gauge couldn't do both.

15. Banned
    The sensor does not replace the tubing to an analog gauge mounted at the dash unless someone wants it to. Not sure however why anyone would want both, but maybe so.

The sensor is installed on the motor. It is fed water pressure. Pressure converts to an electrical signal that is fed to the ECU. The ECU outputs data via a Yamaha Command Link network. Data from that network can go to Yamaha digital gauges or to an aftermarket chart plotter/fish finder.

So, one can have an analog pressure gauge installed at the dash, a Yamaha digital gauge at the dash, a chart plotter at the dash or all three if they so want. Or two out of the three.

16. Member
    Thanks Jethro, I don't want to leave the gauge screen on my HDS up, but like to have it as back up. Like looking at water pressure as I'm running. Just options...

17. Member
    Is the install pretty straight forward? Sorry for all the questions....just wanna be sure before I buy sensor kit.
    Semper Fi

Is the install pretty straight forward? Sorry for all the questions....just wanna be sure before I buy sensor kit.
    http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Install...-10926-001.pdf

19. Member
    I thought it was Yamaha part # 69J-8A4L0-11-00......not lowrance pressure sensor....?????
    Semper Fi

20. Member
    You want the Yamaha sensor kit, not the Lowrance listed above. Basically you take the engine cowling off, pop off the rear plastic cover on the engine. You will see the water pressure gauge hose on the bottom towards the right side. Take the hose off and I just left mine laying in the bottom of the tray. Take a wrench and remove the connector and gasket from the engine. Install the new sensor into the short adapter and tighten, then install both of those into the open hole from where you removed the small barbed fitting from and tighten. Install the harness marked "W" and reinstall the plastic cover and cowling. Then set it up on your Lowrance and that's it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast